Any Tips for Drawing Eyes?

And Brother I Hurt People
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Squirrel - "Is there a badge for being an oblivious fuck?"
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Thread Starter - /dis/the-cringe-thread
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

I know this sounds silly, but I have absolutely no idea how to draw eyes. I’ve tried tutorials, tried emulating eye styles from other artists, and I just can’t get it down. I know, I know: practice, practice, practice. But if you have any tutorials or advice, I’d love to hear it.

Can’t upload any pictures of the ones I’ve drawn so far, sorry. I have a crap camera and don’t have a tablet.
Grieffon
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Bronze Bit -
Artist -
Happy Derpy! -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <Grieffon> it does kinda dry out a bit with fast strokes

h
I’m still a beginner, and there isn’t much info about what your art looks like or where exactly you have trouble with, so there’s not much I can help, sorry. The only thing I can recommend is to get some pictures of actual eyes (google and dA are good sources), turn them into monochrome and draw.
And Brother I Hurt People
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Squirrel - "Is there a badge for being an oblivious fuck?"
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Thread Starter - /dis/the-cringe-thread
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Update: Because I am a moron, I forgot my phone has a camera. So here we are:

full

F’d one up in coloring, but besides the stray lines on the edges, think I did pretty good. I love the one on the left.

full

I don’t know why I colored it red. Ignore the color. This is what I was drawing earlier, feel like I made improvement.

Yeah, yeah, pretty bad, but hey. I’m making an effort here.
Soul Dew
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

Hoof Boi
@And Brother I Hurt People  
I think you’re doing pretty good. I’m a beginner myself and I’ve been trying to experiment with certain ways to draw ponies as well.

I like the blue and black one on the top and I also like the one right below that one.
maxime12

first of all  
  1. the egg: draw an egg eye shape  
  2. pov: use a ruler to pont from the middle of the eye to the pointed object (if there’s one) to mark out the point of view  
  3. pupil: using the mark you’ve made on the corner of the eye, draw the center of the pupil on this axis, egg shaped still. only draw the outline and dont blacken it up now  
  4. the eye shine: for fillies, it’s one big and two small. normally they are placed like a triangle, the biggest being the summit  
  5. fill the inside: fill it but the shine  
  6. the iris: you will make a third egg. this time starting again from the pupil, going about middle between eye border and pupil. the darkest shade is on the top, the brightest is bottom. the botton needs three colour separations whitout gradiant shade. then you color it as you wish.

tip: for a happy eye, you can use “^^” shaped eye, for bored one, use the “U.U” shaped eye. for angry eyes, raise down the eye with the eyebrow by the nose. for a sad one, raise it down by the ear. for scared/crazy/startled eyes, you must use tinier pupil and iris, being fully visible in the whole globe. for stoner eyes, use red shade on the outer part of the white. for foal eyes, it’s only an iris coloured pupil with an eye shine pointing at the pov

i hope it helped
MegaHerts
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
The Power of Love - Made a piece of artwork loved by 1000 users
Artist -

For best results if you’re willing to go through the trouble:

Know that an actual RL eye actually looks like, instead of focusing on cartoons. Draw what you see. Simplify results in a cartoon style later. An eye is a lot more complicated than a line for eyelashes and an iris with a seemingly ‘random’ white spot in the middle.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide