Been Turning an Idea Around for a While

And Brother I Hurt People
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Squirrel - "Is there a badge for being an oblivious fuck?"
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Thread Starter - /dis/the-cringe-thread
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

I’m not sure when the idea first came to me, all I know is that when I visit this site, it becomes clearer. See, I’ve been thinking; we don’t have awfully many pony prompt blogs on Tumblr (unless I’ve been missing them?). Sure, there’s thirtyminuteponies (the same people seem to use it, I noticed) and the Artist Training Grounds, not to mention Equestria Daily’s art program, but that’s not on Tumblr.

I have a feeling there’s a reason they don’t work on Tumblr, but I digress. Don’t know until you’ve tried, right? Anyway, my idea is a sort of shipping art challenge (maybe even extended to writing?). On some sort of schedule, I’d take two completely unrelated ponies, whether main, minor, or background, and give some sort of theme with the two. Give a time limit, have people submit their creations. I’m thinking something like a lovechild of thirtyminuteponies and Training Grounds, something like this:

full

full

The prompt) “My mother told me to never marry a musician.”

The fanart/fics that would result would later be posted at a certain time. What do you think? Would there be anyone interested in participating in this?
TagAnon
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I’m vaguely familiar with thirtyminuteponies (weren’t they the source of a surge of Allie Way x Ace pictures?) but I’m not certain how the concept you’re presenting stands apart from what they do - unless it’s to have a more open base of contributors?

The other major concern - especially if the idea takes off - is how to handle volume. Tumblr can handle multiple fanart submissions well but multiple short stories would be better off on a third party host (like FiMfiction) with the blog providing links. Otherwise you’d be running into post length restrictions or burying posts (though a gradual release of submissions would alleviate that problem).
And Brother I Hurt People
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Squirrel - "Is there a badge for being an oblivious fuck?"
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Thread Starter - /dis/the-cringe-thread
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@TagAnon

Thirtyminuteponies is a writing challenge blog; they give out a one sentence prompt and ask you to write something within with ponies thirty minutes. While they do get shipping submissions, not many of their prompts are focused around shipping. I know a lot of artists, and I know a lot of writers (the same thing as artists, if you want to get technical, but I digress), and I think it would be good if the two groups had equal ground to be on. So, yes. A more open base is what I am looking into.

I was thinking of a gradual release of stories. Art can be compressed into one post (or several other compressed posts), but you’re right, stories would be harder. Perhaps have a list of stories under a “read more”? Post the stories on a doc manager like Google Docs, and link the stories to there?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide