good tutorials for drawing ponies?

Rarewarefan

One of my friends has a few ideas for a couple of pictures of friendship is magic. But she cant draw the ponies right. Are there any good tutorials/model sheets around?

thanks in advance.
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
There are a few in arms reach with a search phrase such as “MLP:FiM drawing guide/tutorial”.

Otherwise, I’ll admit to tracing just to get basic facial and body and parts position right. And then for things that don’t require anything in the show: basic repetition and practice.

Yer gonna have t’ tell yer friend she ain’t gettin’ good over night.
Rarewarefan

@AaronMk  
I know. I tell her that mastering at something like drawing ponies correctly doesn’t take a night to do. She is aware that it takes time but she wants to unleash some of the best things she has in mind.

I know she is working on a tribute to Lauren, my brother is helping her out with that.
Soul Dew
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

Hoof Boi
@Rarewarefan

I would recommend her to keep drawing and find a comfortable style of art that suits her. I did the same thing and I’m getting pretty comfortable with it. Although it’s tough to draw certain ideas (I know that all too well), I’m sure with more practice she’ll be able to draw it.
Rarewarefan

@AaronMk  
Oh. Well, she doesn’t draw prior to ponies, but she can draw other things as well. She mostly draws fantasy related things(fairies, nimphs, trolls, etc). She has a bit of trouble doing the ponies traditionally because of their anatomy.

But also doesn’t want the characters to look ‘off model’ to her style.
maxime12

my tip for her is to copypasta a pony by the eye from an actual picture, or to copy it directly from your computer screen really barely, and then make it look better ad better.  
another tip is to try alot. she is not the great and powerful trixie so che can’t draw perfect pony curves, eyes or mane. so she mostly will need to make many mstakes befor making one that is pretty. she needs to aknowledge that “this pony is nkt bad, the next one gonna be better” that trick work for sure becausr of you take a look at my posted images you’ll see how from the beggining to the actual, how i improved ;)
MegaHerts
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
The Power of Love - Made a piece of artwork loved by 1000 users
Artist -

I would recommend her to keep drawing and find a comfortable style of art that suits her. I did the same thing and I’m getting pretty comfortable with it. Although it’s tough to draw certain ideas (I know that all too well), I’m sure with more practice she’ll be able to draw it.

I dunno what OP’s friend’s goals are, but there is a much tougher road for those who wants to be professional-tier.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide