Viewing last 25 versions of post by Deactivated-Acc't in topic How Do Sell Art???

Deactivated-Acc't
Artist -

I'm trying to figure out how best to market and sell my art, and... well, I just don't know anything about it. I've been waiting almost a week now to get a Commissions Shop set up over at MLP Forums, but unfortunately, the guy in charge of that has a ton on his plate right now and I have no idea if or when he'll get around to setting it up.

All I know right now is that I'm starting off with simple bust-only commissions ($5-$20, 4 types,) while I get used to doing paid work and while I settle into my new place. Selling them is the issue. I hate to say it, but I need money and I'm sick of waiting, so, for the time being, I'm looking to set up shop anyways, since this fandom is great about commissions, form what I've heard. (heh. from what i've 'herd'.)

What platform would you recommend I sell from? I have a PayPal.me acc't for payments, but I'm not sure what website I should be using to display my art and pricing.

Agh, I know nothing about any of this. Folks on here who sell commissions, what sage wisdom do you have on the subject?
No reason given
Edited by Deactivated-Acc't
Deactivated-Acc't
Artist -

I'm trying to figure out how best to market and sell my art, and... well, I just don't know anything about it. I've been waiting almost a week now to get a Commissions Shop set up over at MLP Forums, but unfortunately, the guy in charge of that has a ton on his plate right now and I have no idea if or when he'll get around to setting it up.

All I know right now is that I'm starting off with simple bust-only commissions ($5-$20, 4 types,) while I get used to doing paid work and while I settle into my new place. Selling them is the issue. I hate to say it, but I need money and I'm sick of waiting, so, for the time being, I'm looking to set up shop anyways, since this fandom is great about commissions, form what I've heard. (heh. from what i've 'herd'.)

What platform would you recommend I sell from? I have a PayPal.me acc't for payments, but I'm not sure what website I should be using.

Agh, I know nothing about any of this. Folks on here who sell commissions, what sage wisdom do you have on the subject?
No reason given
Edited by Deactivated-Acc't