My carnival of shame

Art Chat » My carnival of shame Search Posts
gasmaskangel
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -
Since the Beginning  -

So here’s a terrible idea, I’m writing a fanfic. Specifically, it’s a crossover of Doom and MlP, and probably anything else that seems like a good idea at the time. And I’m doing it all while drinking heavily, because I have a problem.

Anyways, I invite you all, in a decision that I will in no way come to regret deeply to provide me with criticism and suggestions on what is very much a work in progress, and in all likelihood will never be completed.

Please note that I will suspend laws of physics, biology and canon for rule of cool, rule of scary, and rule of funny.

Also note that in terms of continuity this takes place before Equestria Girls, largely because I haven’t seen it yet though if I do see it before I finally get around to editing this beast expect lots of retcons during the editing phase, starting with the mane six at least being able to identify the former humans.

Update! I’ve split the chapters into individual google docs. As always please feel free to critique me in this thread or on the document itself.  
Prologue  
Chapter 1: Enter the Unicorn  
Chapter 2: The Great Train Massacre  
Chapter 3: Nothing left but the famous last stands  
Chapter 4: Long Hard Road into Hell  
Chapter 5: Seasons in the Abyss  
Chapter 6: The Worst Thing in the World  
Chapter 7: Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery  
Chapter 8: Hallowed Be They Name  
Chapter 9: Terror Firmer  
Chapter 10: Reign in Blood

Current word count: 34,178  
Alcohol consumed: 2 bottle Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum, 1 bottle Whaler’s Dark Rum, 1/2 Bottle of Shellback Silver Rum, 13 bottles Stone Brewery IPA, 1 bottle Blackberry Brandy, 10 cans Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Another update, you can actually comment on the google docs now! Haha, I’m a fucking idiot.

Another update: I’ve uploaded four chapters and the prologue on FIMfiction
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Well yes, crossing Doom with My Little Pony is a silly idea. I however believe that a silly idea can be made good with creativity and the right presentation.

The story so far is not bad for what it is though obviously it needs editing. The flashbacks interrupt the story and need a mark at their beginning and end to distinguish them from the rest of the text. It added believability how you made Rarity not know what a gun was or how to work it at first.

Now Kung Fu Rarity needs to fight her way to Canterlot castle and join the resistance!
gasmaskangel
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -
Since the Beginning  -

@kleptomage  
I originally typed it up in word and the flashbacks were marked, sadly when I transferred it to google docs they disappeared on me.

I’m planning on doing some editing on it once I get a fair bit more into it (while sober) as previous experience has shown me that attempting to edit my writing while I’m still working on it will make me scrap the whole project.
gasmaskangel
Artist -
Since the Beginning  -

You know, before I started writing this fanfic I never would have thought that I’d write a scene where Rarity castrates an imp with a baling hook.

Seriously, I just got done writing a scene where that happens. Maybe I should stop writing while drunk.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide