OC Thread

Art Chat » OC Thread Search Posts
Anonshy
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

Busy - May not Respond
Hello everyone! This is a thread dedicated to share OCs, ideas, discuss, constructive criticism, or whatever you want related to OCs as long as it is SFW (if it’s NSFW, spoiler it) and respect the rules of the site.

You don’t necessary need to be an artist or have an OC to participate, maybe you could just simply share a design that you like, or make a random comment. You decide what you want: the topic is unspecific.

That’s all what I have to say, hope this thread is to the liking of all of you.

If you want to discuss non-pony OCs, you can go to this thread
Soul Dew
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

Hoof Boi
I’ll share my bby~<3 I’m sure everyone knows my OC Ocean Bird. The silly sensitive pegasus mare from Cloudsdale!  
full  
Just sharing her, nothing else! ^^ For more info/her blog, message me.
Anonshy
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

Busy - May not Respond
@Latios381

I like her long mane! Though this is the first time that I see her.

@LordDerpy

Would you want to share some of them? Personally I only have 1 OC but I have in mind to create other one.
Ranch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Dragonball Girlfriends
Omg we already had an oc thread and nobody replied to it for weeks. Guess it was just time for a new one?
Anonshy

Busy - May not Respond
@Ranch

We have? I’ve looked for one but I didn’t found anything except of a thread that has been inactive for a while ago, but it was more a thread dedicated for review than a general talk.
PaskaNaakka
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magnificence - Artist with 100+ Safe/Suggestive images with over 100 upvotes, and 5+ Questionable/Explicit images with over 350 upvotes
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!

PM me Maud pics
@TheAnonShy  
I don’t think there has been a general OC discussion thread, just the review one. Maybe ask the mods to sticky this one like the artist group chat threads?

Anyways, i posted some of mine on the review thread, and i might as well post them here too. Starting with this girl, cuz she’s the one i’ve put the most thought into and whose design i like the best;

Midnight Dew, the somewhat bitchy aristocratic dream-magic horse. As evidenced by her dreamcatcher cutie mark, she’s an oneiromancer aka she can fuck with anyone’s dreams pretty much however she wishes. However, there’s a drawback to her ability; she only has full use of her magic when she is asleep. When awake, she can barely lift a teacup with her magic, something she is very self-conscious about. Thanks to her stern aristocratic upbringing she hates failures and embarrassments, and has a bit of a hair-tigger temper when it comes to any perceived denigration of her magical abilities.

She’s a bit like that Restoration mage in Winterhold if you’ve played enough Skyrim to know what i’m talking about. Oneiromancy is a perfectly valid school of magic!

I actually originally designed her as the antagonist for a story i never got around to writing, in which a vengeful oneiromancer is causing nightmares all around Equestria and it’s up to princess Luna to try to stop her. Since i’m a lazy shit i never got around to writing that particular story, but the villain’s design lives on, albeit with some fairly major changes to make her look less sinister. She was originally a lot more gaunt and sickly looking, now she just looks a bit tired and bitchy for the most part.

And then there’s this girl:

Bittergreen. Yes, i named her after an alchemy ingredient from Morrowind

She is a herbalist with a special interest in poisonous plants, deadly or otherwise. Not that she would ever actually poison anyone, mind you. It’s just scientific curiosity, you understand.

Other ponies aren’t so sure about that, and are quite happy to keep their distance from her. She is quite happy to be left alone as well. She gets along better with her herbs than she does with other ponies. She does know a fair bit about healing herbs as well, but she just finds plants that don’t cause horrific death to be, well, a bit boring.

She’s also a herbal tea enthusiast, but no one ever wants to try out her special brew. Gotta wonder why. There’s no hemlock in it this time, i swear!
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
(So, is this going to be an OC thread or a ponysona thread? And can we possibly have a distinction because those are basically a very different thing… I feel awkward about just pointing this out but it’s weird talking about fictional characters and RL people’s avatars/alt selves in the same thread………)
Anonshy

Busy - May not Respond
@Latios381

@saby

Uh, I forgot to answer. I created this thread with the idea of sharing OCs, doesn’t matter if it’s ponysona, ponyfication, etc., because at the end all of them are personal creations. If you want you can specify what kind of OC is the one that you share.

As I said in the first post, you can post whatever you want meanwhile it’s related to OCs~
Soul Dew
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

Hoof Boi
I will post my ponysona here then. I actually adopted him recently.

Anyways, this is me, Soul Dew (my username is SoulDewLatios or a variant of it).  
full  
For more info about him (me), message me.

And the person I adopted him from:  
DA: FuyonaEmonilla  
FA: CuddleStarFX
Background Pony #9941
Since the oc review thread is dead, can people still get critique here if we ask for it?
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

I’ve been working on an OC recently. I’m leaning toward “Creekseed” as a name, although I was thinking about “Trailblazer”. I started off with a color palette from this rural scene to start her off.  
full  
I recruited the help of a 4chan anon to improve the design. They came up with this:  
full full  
I think the revised version is marginally better, but I feel like there’s still room for improvement, especially with the cutie mark. Any ideas? I’m not an artist, so it’s tough to work out ideas independently.

The idea is that Creekseed (or whatever she’ll be called) is an outdoorsy pony who is a bit of a redneck.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide