Animu Recommendation Thread.

SuperGex3: The Return of SuperGex
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I’m hoping to get into some Otaku culture. I’ve only ever finished two animes, Gurren Lagann and FLCL. Gurren Lagann is, in my opinion, better that chocolate-covered sex. I love what I’ve seen of Soul Eater. I’ve seen gifs of Black Rock Shooter and Pretty Cure and I like the artstyle, but I was only able to watch up to the intro of Pretty Cure until ditching out of saccharine overload.
Sixtyfour215
Thread Starter - Fire Emblem Stuff

I didn’t like the ending of TTGL. To depressing.  
But FLCL is fun and hilarious.

Haven’t seen any of the other three, but I’ve heard of them and seen bits and pieces of art of them.

Basically, I like anime but I don’t know about many animes.
Takuto_Shindou

I guess it’s pretty obvious what i’m going to recommend but hey, who else but the biggest fan in the site?XP

The Inazuma Eleven Series(Inazuma 11, Go, Chrono Stone and soon Galaxy)  
It’s an anime about adventures with fantasy Soccer, it can vary from tournaments to time travelling, but the essence it’s always the same: Playing soccer with super powers.  
It’s mostly rated TV-Y7(though sometimes feels TV-G)so it doesn’t contain any blood or sexual themes, the dialogue is clean and the flashy violence it’s minimal.  
It has good plots, a great animation and voice acting, the soundtrack shares a very unique use of dramatization for bad and good moments, it’s very fast-paced and it flows well, lacking any kind of filler possible. The majority of the characters develop and grow gradually and everyone get their screentime and action.  
Finally it’s very similar to MLP in my eyes with their positive thinking, motivational and antidepressants speechs and how everyone is friendly and works together as a team, and for being a show that “looks stupid but ends up being great” as well.

If you don’t mind seeing some crazy stuff that don’t usually happen on tv shows and see that as an originality value, this might be a good call :)
lasty
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

dead to you
It looks like you like action and comedy, and prefer trippy over cutesy, Try out Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Trigun, Desert Punk, Ghost in the Shell and Outlaw Star. And if you like GAINAX (the people who made FLCL and Gurren Lagann), you might like Evangelion and Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt.  
A lot of western anime fans got their start with Toonami. If you get Cartoon Network, try that. Or, the linked page has a complete list of everything they’ve ever shown, so look through that and see what interests you.

You might also give Azumanga Daioh a shot to see where you are on slice of life anime.
SuperGex3: The Return of SuperGex

@lasty  
I was planning on seeing PASWG and Cowboy Bebop, so I’ll go with those. Unfortunately, I’m not old enough to watch the former on FUNimation’s channel (it only has two episodes anyway), is there anywhere else I can see the English dubs for free?

Also, Heroman looks pretty rad based on the opening.
IrieMangaStudios
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Sports anime: Slam Dunk (a bit dated but fun) and Hajime no Ippo (boxing).

Film length action: Spriggan, Ninja Scroll

26-episode shows: Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Berserk, His and Her circumstances, Azumanga Diaoh, basilisk

Fan service: New Cutey Honey, Re: Cutie Honey, Queen’s Blade, Variable Geo

Others: Air Master, macross plus, City Hunter, Ranma 1/2, Soul Eater, ultimate hellsing, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt

Only choose: Naruto, Bleach, DBZ, One Piece if you have time to watch, would recommend to read the manga at the local bookstore or library before jumping onto the shows themselves. There way too many out there that like to choose a side and it gets ugly, the books go faster and you could jump onto whatever show appeals to you the most.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide