Ask the mods anything

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Sunlightsunshine & @Sunlightsunshine
Or come to Support on our Discord server, type ‘.appeal’ to enter the #ban-appeals channel, and talk with us about it.
A lot of times bans are just ‘time-outs’ because we couldn’t get someone to talk with us about the problem, and we really need the behavior to stop because it’s causing problems. Or because the person breaking the rules is truly anonymous and we don’t have any way to talk with them and need the behavior to stop.
Most of the bans I do any more are situations where I’ve tried talking with someone about what they’re doing before and a couple months have gone by and they’re doing ‘that thing they do’ again. It’s less new people doing new things, and more people who have been here for years doing the same thing they do when they get too stressed in their own lives and start taking it out on others here.
Or self-harming … oh my gosh the whole ‘using social media to self-harm’ stuff can be such a problem. It’s like every year when school starts, or finals roll around … holidays … anyway.
If you get banned and realize what you did wrong just come to Support and talk with us about it. Maybe we’ll ask you to take a day or three off because we are still cleaning up the mess and need a break from the drama ourselves, or we’ll just zero out the ban because people make mistakes.
FliegerFaustToP47
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Laß mich sterben
What’s your favourite OC on Derpi? Also. Do you guys have ponysonas? Can we see them?
Or self-harming … oh my gosh the whole ‘using social media to self-harm’ stuff can be such a problem. It’s like every year when school starts, or finals roll around … holidays … anyway
Using social media to self-harm? I know I wasn’t the one who asked but… Could you elaborate?
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@FliegerFaustToP47
My favorite OCs are my own. Seriously tho I like a lot, and this is my sona.
Social media self harm to me is how many negative emotions browsing it can create, I am very familiar with this so I consider it a form of self harm as I feel so much better whenever I avoid it.
Too many assholes and too much drama.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@FliegerFaustToP47
@LightningBolt
And when someone anonymously hates on their own art or themselves.
It’s an awkward situation because they’re commenting on their own art, but no one else knows it so if we leave it ‘because it’s the artist commenting on their own art’ then it looks like we’re ok with people hating on artists.
People call for us to ban the person bad mouthing the artist, but we can’t because it’s the artist … so we don’t but sometimes they don’t stop, so it looks like we’re letting BPs get away with shit because we hate that artist or something.
FliegerFaustToP47
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Laß mich sterben
Well, there’s a nice reason for you to love your own OCs, they’re pretty well done Also, your Ponysona is completely adorable! ^^
Ooohhh, now I see what you mean, thank you for explaining it! ^^.
Do you mean that they really hate their own art or they use that to gain positive feedback from others?
I kinda understand the reason of why you can’t ban. But you can’t delete the message by Rule 6#? What do you guys do in those cases? No offense to anybody. I know you guys are the staff and not me ^^.
(Also, it is true that most of you guys are drunk or high 99.68% of the time? xd)
JP
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
A while ago, while browsing old archives, I came across the very first competition Derpibooru organized, way back in December 2012, when the site had a special reddish Hearth’s warming theme and falling snowflakes animation (it’s a good thing I regularly take screenshots of the site).
The results can still be seen, but I can’t find any information about the winners, because the link in the announcement post is obviously long gone. Forums didn’t exist yet, so these posts were on Tumblr. Does anyone still remember who won and did they get their prizes?
The Smiling Pony

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
Jaredking779
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The MLP Lover-Fan
Today’s a 12th and I got a question for you mods:
Which holiday did you celebrate yesterday? Christopher Columbus Day or Indigenous Peoples Day?
If you say Christopher Columbus Day, say C. If you say Indigenous Peoples Day, say I.
Fleetfoot
Fleetfoot - For Patreon supporters
Perfect Fleetfoot Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ saucy Fleetfoot images with 350+ upvotes (Perfect Pony Plot Provider)
Woona - To my most special somepony~
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Responsible Disclosure - Lessons from Furbi

Senior Moderator
Fletch the Enfield
@Jaredking203
Lady of Aparecida is one of the official titles of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of Jesus Christ. She is the patroness of Brazilian Catholic Church.
The date of October 12th is a Brazilian National Holiday for both Children’s day and a special event for prayers for the Virgin Mary (Having in mind about 70% of the Brazilian population is catholic this is a big deal).
Jaredking779
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The MLP Lover-Fan
@The Smiling Pony
You? From Spain? I’m just shocked that when Fleetfoot (in her first response about my question for two holidays from the 11th in the US) said that most staff members from Derpibooru aren’t from the US. That makes me wonder if only one staff member from this site resides in the US, since most of the other staff members are from Europe.
FliegerFaustToP47

Laß mich sterben
Can plebs regular users reply questions in this thread? Or only mods can get asked questions?
From what I know, atleast one or two staff members do indeed live in the US, but I’m unsure. ^^
Well, one staff member is German and other one seems to be Russian. In all honesty I also thought most of the staff team was from Europe. No offense to anybody.
Though it still was surprising that one of the mods is from Spain and another one from Brazil. :O
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide