Ask the mods anything

Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Jaredking203  
I was more swimming and shooting and fencing, weight lifting, wrestling, football, stuff like that. They made us run as a part of those things, but … ugh. I’d rather hit shit or just swim for a couple of hours.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ  
I’ve always been more focused on stamina, because I used to do stage fighting, then blacksmithing and now I do a lot of portage canoeing or snowshoeing where you have to carry everything on your back or drag a sledge, so I really never went above 60 lbs because that’s what my canoe weighs, but with lots of reps to failure. For mass I liked to do between 180 and 240, because, honestly, there wasn’t any need for me to get bigger for the stuff I was doing. As long as I could do the gags, stamina and just keeping going hour after hour was always the harder hill to climb.

How about you?
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Derpy Whooves  
Heh … I just checked, I no longer know what I can bench, because my home gym maxes out at 200lbs, and that’s with 50 pounds of iron added to the bar. I used to have one of the original SoloFlex and it could go to 500, which I could move but with those rubber bands it felt like trying to move a house. A house that got heavier as you pushed on it. But my new Marcy home gym really maxes out at 200 even with free weights added to it. More than that and it all gets a bit wobbly wobbly.

And thanks to Covid there’s no place within 50 miles that has normal weight equipment, outside of the hospitals physical therapy space … hmmm … that’s an interesting thought, actually, I wonder if they have, like, hourly rates or something without a doctors order.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
And, just because I’m thinking of it, these are remarkably useful, and smaller than a treadmill.

full

It’s not pro equipment by any stretch of the imagination, and they look like they wouldn’t stand up to use, but I got one last year before Covid hit, and it was less than $500 at the time. They seem to have doubled in price since then, but if you can’t get to the gym, or if all the gyms near you are are closed, these little stack machines can really help you keep moving, even when we’re still mostly stuck inside.

The setup is kind of a two beer job though. One beer for when you don’t think you need the instructions, and the second for when you give up and read the fucking instructions.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Dashiefluffywaifu  
Brace your sphincters for too much information.

If it’s prepared so it’s still in the shell, and the spikes are still twitching or moving, then you get the ‘real flavor’ of it. It’s a little like eating melted cheese poured over rocks straight out of the ocean. In other words, it tastes like the ocean smells and tastes, if it were a cheese. Plus you’re eating something that looks like it’s still alive, so … there’s that. Plus it’s going to cost, like, $500 a plate or something. I don’t know for sure, I didn’t pay for the meal, but just based on the location and the hospitality it probably cost $500 a person just to get in through the front door.

If it’s prepared as a paste, like you get in grocery stores, it’s probably going to taste like green tea icecream. Or it might be green tea icecream served as ‘Uni on a stick’.

If it’s at a sushi restaurant that most people can afford to get into, then it’s probably going to be mixed with rice and seaweed to hide the flavor. Because, honestly, the flavor is pretty strong. Also they seem to be really hard to clean before serving them, so mixing them up with a bunch of other stuff helps hide all the … stuff that didn’t get cleaned out.

And it can be served other ways, but mostly it’s just differences of how it’s prepared.

Basically, if you love the taste of roasted seaweed snacks, then you probably will like Uni/Sea Urchin.

@Communist Starlight  
In coastal cities, it’s almost always the way to go. In Japan, this is supper. It’s supper every day.

Inside continents more than a day’s drive from the sea, then … it depends on the restaurant. It depends a LOT.

For myself, I like to take sushi tuna steaks and give them a quick sear on each side on the barbie with a couple prawns. That way it’s sashimi in the middle but you still get the fried taste on the outside. Double yum!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide