Ask the mods anything

ArmadilloEater

Administrator
French Taunter
@GenericArchangel  
I’d ask “Who here likes pineapple on pizza”, and hand the phone to anyone who answers “fuck no”.

But for real I’d just read the choices out loud real quick, then read them again, people say “yep, size X” when I reach the one they want and I take a tally; those that don’t answer in time get a medium margherita and they better be happy about it. From experience this is the best method to order pizza for a large group, if you give people the time to read the pamphlet themselves it takes fucking ages.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@moonchosen  
Eventually, given how long MLP has been running and how long it is likely to keep being put out by Hasbro, most people will ‘used to be a mod’.

[protip: when you retire they do not remove the chip from your head, so you keep on getting woken up in the middle of the night because of reports]
sivren
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Bookling likes fics
I’m fairly new to commissions and tend to feel better with a structured approach to things in general. Mods (as artists and commissioners alike) what would you advise someone attempting commissions do or avoid?
Background Pony #B862
Is there a estimate as how to how many people filed DNPs for the controversy last year? Would you say it was a large percentage? I ask because while a lot of people left, it looks like a lot of people stayed.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@sivren  
Do as many as you can. Just keep working, and have the ‘next job’ in the queue. They won’t all work out, you won’t always make your clients happy, but over time try to keep the average on the happy side of ‘pleased clients’.

It’s like friendship. They don’t all last, so it’s good to have more that you are developing over time, so you never run out.

@Background Pony #B862  
Hundreds of people filled DNPs last year, but not all of them left, many didn’t follow through with the DNP or complete the process, some who filed DNPs subsequently lifted them, and overall it was not a large percentage of artists on the site. Regardless of the numbers, overall it was sad. I hope it doesn’t happen again.

@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
当然。
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@moonchosen  
A lot of us create community or threads for users who don’t want their names on them and then never look at them again.

Sometimes we get badges for them. It’s … odd, but ok.
FliegerFaustToP47
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Laß mich sterben
Do you guys get tired of being a mod sometimes? Do you just enter Db to moderate or you guys ocasionally use the site? (As in, posting in a thread, looking at images…)
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@FliegerFaustToP47  
I use the site a lot. Happily most of my interactions here have nothing to do with moderation. Volunteering for the site is just a thing I do to help support my hobby and try to pay back all the great artists who have made the art that I love.
Background Pony #F4B2
Can somebody help me and translate this? My history teacher said I had to translate and analyze it for an essay but Google Translate doesn’t seem to translate it correctly. I think it’s russian, but I’m not sure.

Feldpost Juli 1943

Niedergerissene Baumgruppen, ausgebrannte Dërfer, von Panzern zerpflugte felder, trichterubersate Wiesen, zertrummerte fahrzeuge und tote Pferde kennzeichnen das Bild der Schlacht, in der das unaufborliche Wummern der schweren Geschutze, das Brausen der Nebelwerfer, deren Geschosse gleich einem feurigen Drachen zum feind hinuberziehen. Der Mensch macht sich so klein wie moglich, wahrend uber und um ibn das Material Orgien der Vernichtung feiert und uber das Lebendige zu triumphieren scheint.

Man hat uns immer gesagt der Krieg ware etwas ehre haftes, doch heute weiß ich, er hat gar nichts ehrenhaftes.

Es gibt nur Tote und Uberlebende.

–––––––  
5. July 1943. Sowjetische Artillery eroffnet massives Feuer auf die deutschen Bereitstellungsraume. Jetzt beginnt das Unternehmen Zitadelle mit der Heeresgruppe Mitte und Süd. Im Norden wird die Heeresgruppe Mitte um GFM V. Kluge gebildet, aus der 9. Armee und der 2. Panzerarmee, zuzüglich sieben Infanteriedivisionen, sechs Panzerdivisionen und zwei Panzergrenadierdivisionen. Die Südgruppe ist zusammengesetzt aus Verbänden der Heeresgruppe Süd der 4.Panzerarmee und der Armeeabteilung Kempf mit insgesammt sieben Infanteriedivisionen , elf Panzerdivisionen und drei Sturmgeschützbrigarden.

Sorry if it had mistakes, a classmate passed it to me since I was sick the day they explained that stuff, and I can’t really understand his writing.

(We are discussing about Operation Citadel, if that helps anyone.)
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).

Goodbye guys ;)
@Background Pony #F4B2  
Done with Bing Translator.

Field post July 1943

Torn-down groups of trees, burnt-out d’ore, fields pruned by tanks, funnel-ridder meadows, battered vehicles and dead horses characterize the image of the battle, in which the inexorable whimpering of the heavy protections, the roar of the fog throwers, whose projectiles are like a fiery dragon, dragging over to the enemy. Man makes himself as small as possible, while above and in order to ibn the material celebrates of destruction and seems to triumph over the living.

We have always been told that war is an honorable thing, but today I know it has nothing honorable.

There are only dead and survivors.

———————  
5 July 1943. Soviet artillery opens massive fire on the German delivery rooms. Now the company Citadel starts with the Army Group Center and South. In the north, the Army Group Mitte is formed around GFM V. Kluge, from the 9th Army and the 2nd Panzer Army, plus seven infantry divisions, six tank divisions and two Panzergrenadier divisions. The Southern Group is composed of units of the Army Group South of the 4th Panzer Army and the Army Division Kempf with a total of seven infantry divisions, eleven tank divisions and three assault rifle turrets.

Hope this is correct and helpful. :) I do know some Spanish, but not German. :D Operation Citadel appeared in my history studies a few years ago, I’m certain I remember seeing this before. ;)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide