Ask the mods anything

FliegerFaustToP47
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Laß mich sterben
Have you ever guys wanted to draw ponies or be an artist on the site? (Of course for those who aren’t)
….Damn, you’re right. I guess I’ll just disappear then.
Oh wow, that’s so cool! I won’t ask who they are since privacy of course, but it’s nice that there are staff members from Latin America in here ^^
Princess Celestia
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Administrator
Devops
@乃ムりん乇ム尺イ
Russia actually has highly varying climate. It does get really cold in some places, but in majority of places summers go real hot, while winters go fairly cold. You kind of get used to it.
Germany basically never goes below -5 - -10C, the weather is more wet than anything else, even when it’s snowing.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
For someone who wants to be appreciate visual arts, are there any good videos or topics I should check out like History of Leonardo daVinci or how Looney Tunes changed Animation or something like that?
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
What is your favorite non-MLP artists?
Do you watch any educational youtube channels?
@Cyan Lightning
As someone who is just starting to get serious about making presentable art, I’m really starting to appreciate the hard work of artists. Even some of the simplest drawings on this site take great work.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Did Native Americans make white people?
Sun Bear, who was an Anishinaabe teacher, reminded us of the stories of the mixed-blood and white people who wore beards who would come to the Anishinaabe shamen for guidance. They would be the Rainbow People and have bodies of different colors: red, white, yellow, and black. It was said that they would return and unite and help restore balance, and bring about a time where we would all have to acknowledge that we are all human beings sharing one planet.
So the white people were foretold, but their making was a different story.
Background Pony #AD52
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -

Is the “artist who rocks” badge (for 100+ images under artist tag) supposed to be automatically added when you hit the 100 or do you have to claim it?
Or was it only a temporary thing last time and is no longer being given out?
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@snowzaaah
You have to claim it or someone has to notice it and point it out here. A vast majority of the site depends on the manual work of a small number of site staff and users that generally get nothing but abuse in exchange for their work.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
What did Lauren Faust do on Powerpuff Girls or Foster’s Home or whatever other animations before she went into MLP. Because she seemed to have a well respected writer even before she went into Friendship is Magic.
Did she work on any particularly high quality episodes?
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Well, for PowerPuff Girls, I particularly enjoyed T’was The Fight Before Christmas, and she was one of the writers of Moral Decay/Meet the Beat-Alls, which kind of broke the mold in a way I really enjoyed. And she was the supervising director for 2 years during what I kind of think were the better years of that show.
And she was the ‘story creator’ of Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends, was the supervising producer for 2 years it, was a storyboard artist for 5 of the episodes, a writer on 9 episodes, the story creator for 58 of the episodes, developed 57 episodes, and got the ‘Written By’ credit on 21 of the episodes.
And for my money that’s a really great TV show.
Lauren Faust was kind of an icon at my college and when we heard she was doing some sort of ‘My Little Ponies / Powerpuff Girls’ crossover, and then saw the previews and it looked like it was being animated by Gainax or something crazy like that, we lost our minds.
She is really an inspiration in a lot of ways. And what she got away with at Hasbro (and what she endured there) are why I’m very interested to see what she does next. I haven’t checked out the DC Superhero Girl series yet, but I might.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide