Automotive enthusiasts?

Barry Tone
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
Small update about MPG, I rotated the tires on my 2005 Explorer and also changed the Rear Differential Oil to Mobil 1 75w140.
The oil was so filthy like mud that I had to flush out the rear diff twice with New Motor Oil (not Gear Oil,) and I only drove for under 6 miles while cleaning. (This is OK to do, so long as you go for a very short distance.)
MPGs have now gone up a considerable amount (from about 16 to 18,) but the temperature went up too as of late.
I don’t know for sure which change - tire rotation, oil, or temperature - raised the MPGs by what amount, though I think they all helped.
I do think that the car probably had its stock rear diff oil in it (the front oil isn’t this filthy,) and the stock rear diff oil may have been a bit more viscous than Mobil 1 75w140 even when new.
(Edit: how is it that I got the first reply on a new page again?)
RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Visit Friendship Daily!
@Barry Tone
I guess you’re just lucky for starting a fresh page!
If the oil was super sludgy I bet it was causing a lot of drag. Hopefully no metal shards or any bad wear on the gears … Good news about the mpg
My car also has gone up to 26 mpg much better than 23 during the colder months
CalypsoFantasy

Pre-1932 US car fan
The 87th Geneva Car Show, March 2017:
If we count 1990-2012 as the entire production span of the Eclipse, they were right I guess.
Barry Tone
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
The oil seemed to flow out easily enough, but it was still revoltingly brown.
Good hearing that. I also still have a block heater to install in the Explorer.
I don’t know the whole story, but isn’t that what regenerative braking on hybrids is?
They never listened to Klaus Nomi, either, did they?
RainbowDash69
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
Savagegeese Documentary on Nissan Z. https://youtu.be/ekEM3VyaDow
My coworker has a hilarious problem. Owns a 2021 GMC Sierra Texas Edition and his girlfriend drives a 2021 Toyota 4Runner. They’re both gas hogs and he needs something for the girlfriend to drive that isn’t a 4x4 since she doesn’t even drive in the winter anyway and the off-road stuff is useless, just wasting gas. So he’s gonna either buy a compact SUV or Corolla hybrid. Just another case of someone buying an off-road rig just because it looks cool.
@Barry Tone
That’s a relief.
Regenerative braking is caused by the car’s motor spinning backwards to create electricity, having spinners on the wheels would just be added weight and would rely on the inertia while the car is in motion. It sounds like an awesome idea but would be so much added weight to the wheels to have a generator/motor on each hub assembly. Sounds cool though
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@RainbowDash69
No one else makes reviews with the depth and excellent cinematography that SavageGeese does. Top tier content.
I can’t really know until I experience it in person, but in pictures and on video the Z looks like a fantastic car. The way the Z was designed to connect with the driver and inspire confidence speaks to me because it’s what my car sorely lacks. I look for that mechanical connection, but when I turn the Sonata or try to drive it fast, it just feels discombobulated. If the Z can live up to its marketing of being a good dance partner that would definitely appeal to me.
ACApenetrator50
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Big loud things on poles
So I’ve found something extremely rare. I was looking online when I found a Peterbilt 352 for sale for around 65K$. the high price tag is because the guy selling it had somehow swapped in a V16 Detroit diesel which is already super hard to come by. I need opinions. Buy or pass?
Pinto Bean
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

refried sans lard
Been feeling nostalgic again and thinking back on my first ride, which was a 1986 Jeep Cherokee Laredo, 2-door with an i6 2.8 liter engine, 4WD and a 5-speed manual tranny, similar to this one…

I’ve always been a fan of the XJ model type. I’m tempted to start looking for another one, possibly late model in the 1997-2001 range. Manual of course.
RainbowDash69
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
@Pinto Bean
I’ve seen one of those in my town. Just one. It was one in the iconic 1990s teal color. Good luck finding one in this economy but I know it would be worthwhile in the end
@kleptomage
For sure, can’t go wrong with 400 hp of 2 door sporty goodness.
@ACApenetrator50
A V12 Detroit is insane. Of course you should buy it
RainbowDash69
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
The new Lexus RX looks like it has a moustache or big nose. I’ve always wanted to buy a Lexus but it seems like it gets harder every year with how weird the grilles are. This one isn’t too bad though
@CalypsoFantasy
Lots of battle scars. Built Ford tough!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide