General Retro Gaming Thread.

Palinor

Favorite games from the NES; Megaman series, Bucky O’Hare, Abadox, Contra and POW. POW is a fun, but tough, beat ‘em up game.

SNES; Final Fantasy II, Chrono Trigger, Terranigma, E.V.O., Demon’s Crest, Mega Man X series, Super Mario RPG, Link to the Past, Turtles in Time, and many more of the classics.

I’d go on about PSX and after but really there’s a great number of games I love for pretty much every game system that I would be here for a long while just typing it all up.
bucky
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

All the Retro games I like to play i still own. Real gamers shun places like gamestop and keep their precious memories each game holds.
bucky

NES: Battletoads, All SMB’s, Little Nemo, California games, Tiger Heli, topgun, Punchout  
SNES: DK, Offroad, SMB, Pacman 2, Kirby all stars  
Sega: Road rash, Vectorman, Heady, sonic  
The list goes on and on way to many games to link own 10 consoles.
Palinor

@SuperGex3: The Return of SuperGex  
Depends on what you’re in it for, the overall gaming mechanics are better in Yoshi’s Island thanks to the more varied levels and hazards. At least that’s my opinion. The cute vibe makes it pretty fun too. The music is quite enjoyable as well.

However; the grit, graphics, streamlined gameplay, amazing music, and tough boss fights make Super Metroid a great game too. It’s a much tougher game and while the mechanics aren’t as varied (which I value) as in Yoshi’s Island it’s damn good.

It’s based off what you want. Light-hearted fun, Yoshi’s Island. Heavy game-play, Super Metroid. My vote goes to Yoshi’s Island.
Soul Dew
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

Hoof Boi
I just beat Donkey Kong 64 like an hour or 2 ago. To anyone who hasn’t played it, get an emulator and a controller, and play it.
SBF1

I’m not sure I’d want to subject myself to the agonizing collect-athon that is DK64.

Not sure I’d really call this ‘retro’ but I’ve been playing a lot of Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup lately. Wonderful roguelike, even if I’m terrible at it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide