Music thread

𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Give me a happy song but the lyrics is actually either dark, edgy, or grotesque.
MJ’s Thriller is definitely the example in it.
But mine would be Hollywood Undead’s Bullet.
♬𝕸𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝕽𝖍𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖒♪
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

💙Glass Sight's Chocopon💙
@Manerg
Yes. Absolutely.
Heavy Metal didn’t just poof into existence with Black Sabbath’s 1970 debut album. It’s a style that had already been developing embryo-style throughout the 60s through different bands and artists, taking its cue from the general idea of hard rock, as well as heavy styles of psychedelia such as acid rock. When Black Sabbath came around, they merely took this style, expanded upon it, and slowly but surely spread it across a more mass audience.
Edit: Not to mention, the distorted guitar that became part and parcel of Sabbath and other concurrent “early metal” bands was already developed by certain blues and rock and roll musicians in the 50s (i.e. James Cotton and Link Wray), and perfected by early-mid 60s beat and garage rock groups
deactivated686beb

I think Deep Purple deserves as much credit for inventing heavy metal as Black Sabbath (though I don’t think any band single-handedly invented the genre). In Rock sounds much closer to metal than Black Sabbath’s first album. Sabbath had heavy riffs and occult themes, but Deep Purple had the hardness, fast tempos, guitar solos, and high-pitched vocals, all of which are common in metal, that Black Sabbath either didn’t have (at least not on their first album) or didn’t do as well. Black Sabbath did invent doom metal (which is very small compared to other genres like thrash metal), but they don’t sound anything like progressive metal or power metal.
If you haven’t already, try listening to the song Hard Lovin’ Man. It’s main guitar riff, known as the metal gallop, would later be used in countless metal songs (including Run to the Hills, Holy Diver, Raining Blood, and several Metallica songs).
♬𝕸𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝕽𝖍𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖒♪
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

💙Glass Sight's Chocopon💙
@Mildgyth
Yes. Especially them!
@Manerg
Agreed!
“Into The Fire” is another great and underrated example of Purple’s pioneering metal style, and they were just as influential on yesterday and today’s titans of the genre if not more so.
Also, speaking of Blue Cheer, let’s also not forget Sir Lord Baltimore from the US. They’re a bit early credit to heavy and doom metal, but tend to be a bit more overlooked compared to Sabbath.
Dashie41 YT
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Negan Guy
Guys question worst and best album in 2021 I’ll start
Between The Buried And Me Colours 2 best
Worst Dungeon Wolf Metal’s back
SNESChalmers
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

What have I become...
@Dashie41 YT
I’ll start with bad (well not that it’s bad, but it was somewhat of a letdown): Architects “For Those Who Wish to Exist”
And so far my favorite album of the year might actually be Hail the Sun’s “New Age Filth”. Honorable mentions for BTBAM’s “Colors 2”, Rivers of Nihil “The Work”, Every Time I Die “Radical”
There are some other one’s I could list for honorable mention as this year’s been loaded…and there’s still some more albums coming out that I’m looking forward to.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
There’s something, amazing, about hearing dead family members in vinyl.
Hearing my grandfather’s voice in his music, after not hearing it for years, is beautiful.
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

She’s in love with herself

She likes the dark

On her milk white neck

The Devil’s mark

Now it’s all Hallows Eve

The moon is full

But will she trick or treat

I bet she will

SHE WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Halloween, Baby!

Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide