Music thread

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@TheHappySpaceman
Thought I was the only one who knew that song existed. It’s miles better than Cherry Pie but I have a feeling if it does get a surge in popularity, it might come under fire for that title.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Myoozik
Although some have speculated that with the song title and the music video taking place in Louisiana, that the dead bodies that ended up in the wishing well were black people killed by racist cops in the town. But that’s just a theory.
@Dashie41 YT
It’s a shame. Especially since “Cherry Pie” is seen as one of the final nails in the coffin for the glam metal genre, as grunge took over the next year, and it has been satirized as everything wrong with the genre–including parodies like “She’s Nine.” A real shame because the band deserved much better.
@Mellow Rhythm
Poor Jani Lane. Gone far too soon.
@Dex Stewart
I don’t think I know that one. I’ll need to listen to it.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Didn’t Tate siphon money from the bands tours to fund him and his wife’s side gig?
Don’t get me wrong, Tate has the voice of an angel, but I’ve heard some shit about him.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Zincy
Yeah, he did. And he basically took over the group after Chris DeGarmo left. DeGarmo was the one holding the group together in a big way.
Still, I’ve read a number of suspicious things about Michael Wilton and current frontman Todd La Torre, and their treatment of Scott suggests that they may also be dicks.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
DeGarmo might have held the band together, but as much of a dick as he is that band was Tate. No one listened for the instrumentals.
I’ve not listened to them since he walked.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Zincy
It’s true. I just meant in terms of holding them together as a working machine. Chris wrote or co-wrote many of the songs and it was after he left that things started falling apart with them. But no, Geoff’s vocals were what people came for.
And with Scott gone from the band as well, the current lineup only has… two of the founding members. Geez.
It’s times like this that I sincerely admire Rush for the level of communication the members must have had to prevent themselves from falling apart for over 40 years.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
I’m trying to find the best “generically Pagan” song. I think Damh the Bard’s “Cauldron Born” is the front runner.
“Sunset, Moonrise
See how the land is bathed
In silver hue
You feel so lonely
Come with me and let me show
There are others just like you
Who feel the powers of Earth, Sea and Sky
Of Dragon and Faerie and Shades of the night
Hear the call of our ancestors of blood and bone
Of womb and tomb, and standing stone…
Lady stir your Cauldron well
Chant your words and sing your spell
Deep within the darkened hall
Hear the Goddess Ceridwen call…
See a man
Alone on a hill
His arms raised hugh to the Moon
Chanting words, a charm, a spell of power
A Witches Rune…
He calls to the powers of Earth, Sea and Sky
He calls to his ancestors of blood and bone
Of womb and tomb, and standing stone…
(Chorus)
Lady stir your Cauldron well
Chant your words and sing your spell
Deep within the darkened hall
Hear the Goddess Ceridwen call
Come and taste of the Cauldron’s Brew
And magic she will give to you
You will dance in the eye of the storm
You’re Ceridwen’s Children
The Cauldron Born!
A charm of silver
The gypsy said
When he was just seventeen
Your future I’ll tell you
Every thread and turn
If there to be seen…
She took his hands tracing the lines
Searching for patterns and looking for signs
Your life a construction one day you will see
Through the illusion and into the dream!
So we stand
On this hill
Our shadows are cast by the Moon
Chanting words, a charm, a spell of power
Our Witches Rune…
We call to the powers of Earth, Sea and Sky
We calls to our ancestors of blood and bone
Of womb and tomb, and standing stone”
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Todd’s newest One Hit Wonderland for “Crazy For This Girl”, I did not know at all that it was known as “minivan rock”, it honestly sounds dumb. I get “yacht rock” since it does sound like something you’d play while in a yacht, but I find it weird having songs like “She’s So High” or “Everything I Wanted” be categorized as something that you’d play while in a minivan. Also, I always knew from the start that the song was very teeny bopper and boy band like, I don’t know he didn’t catch that earlier. Finally, friggin one of them managing Kevin Spacey? That is one of the most outlandish things ever.
I hope that one day he’ll do a One Hit Wonderland on “Key Largo” by Bertie Higgins, I want to hear him talk about yacht rock.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
Congratulations to Taylor Swift for her 8th number one song with “All Too Well (Taylor’s Version)”. All right behind “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together”, “Shake It Off”, “Blank Space”, “Bad Blood”, “Look What You Made Me Do”, “Cardigan” and “Willow”. It also broke the record for longest song to reach number one, clocking in at 10 minutes and 13 seconds, the previous record holder being Don McLean with his song “American Pie” which clocks in at 8 minutes and 33 seconds.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide