Music thread

14Fan
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

#Go4tNiners!
What’s a song from a kid’s show other than MLP that’s stuck in your head or you like to listen too?
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
One more week for the Christmas songs before they’re all gone, I wait for the day when Billboard changes their rule so they disqualify all Christmas songs from ever reentering the Hot 100 and ruining everything.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Just finished listening to all the singles from pop punk/emo/hardcore/Christian rock band The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, the same group behind the 2007 hit “Face Down”. Yeah, now I know why emo isn’t my thing, these songs didn’t do it for me with the exception of two, maybe three songs. They sounded like every other 2000’s MySpace scene band around and I wasn’t feeling it, felt way too weak on the angst. Fall Out Boy at least sounded like they were having fun and My Chemical Romance fucking rock and are talented musicians. So if you like bands like Taking Back Sunday, Sleeping With Sirens, Pierce The Veil or Bring Me The Horizon, then I recommend them.
Posted Report
♬𝕸𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝕽𝖍𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖒♪
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

💙Glass Sight's Chocopon💙
@Mr.Myoozik
Emo isn’t totally in my wavelength either, though I do like a smattering of songs by FOB, and MCR to a lesser extent (though they aren’t bad).
That’s more Lightning Bolt’s thing, of course.
I do like a little bit of metalcore, and I think Bring Me The Horizon generally is considered that. Speaking of which, Lightning Bolt has shown me a few metalcore songs in the past that I ended up digging. It’s nice to know what you generally like, dislike or aren’t excited about, but to also keep an open mind sometimes with music :)
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
Hey Spaceman, have you checked out TRJA? Don’t know if this your kind of music, but I am curious on hearing your thoughts on them.
@Mellow Rhythm
Not totally your thing huh, more into the classics it looks like just like me.
Posted Report
Starless
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Mr.Myoozik
I was never into emo music and metalcore but I have given it a chance. I’ve heard Welcome to the Black Parade, which isn’t a bad song, just not something I’d like. I used to listen to metalcore some many years ago until I realized it was mostly pointless screaming and bands trying to sound metal and couldn’t get into it.
Speaking of 2000s music, I’ve listened to a few songs by Linkin Park and Evanescence, which aren’t bad, or at least they weren’t bad then. I haven’t listened to their more recent music, just songs like Numb, Going Under, Bring me to Life, and My Immortal. I could never really get into that kind of music.
Posted Report
Pinto Bean
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

refried sans lard
Over the Summer I took a chance and asked a girl if she wanted to go see Sunny Day Real Estate with me. Rarely do they tour together anymore so I was pretty excited for a chance to finally see them live. She said she’d think about it. A week later she told me she was gonna pass. Seems that Emo just isn’t as hip as it once was, although many modern artists today point to Emo as a major influence, and often while seeking to avoid the label themselves. I still think it’s an awesome genre but obviously it’s an acquired taste.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@angryprogrockbrony
Yeah that’s my personal gripe with metalcore, it’s just metal but without the rawness and intensity of it and it’s just screaming for the sake of screaming filled with teen angst. Since I never had an emo phase in my life, I never related to this genre.
@Pinto Bean
It looks like emo is now seen as a relic of the 2000’s, and emo’s legacy is seen in not only rock but hip hop believe it or not with a lot of soundcloud rappers and mumble rappers now saying that they’re influenced by the emo trend of the noughties.
Posted Report
Pinto Bean
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

refried sans lard
It looks like emo is now seen as a relic of the 2000’s
Yep. The tag itself seems like it’s destined to forever be associated with that particular decade, but I don’t think the actual music has changed much. It’s a very basic formula:
anxiety riddled teenager + guitar + emotionally charged & sometimes very personal lyrics and expressions + distortion (optimal)
So long as there are kids interested in playing the guitar this type of music isn’t going anywhere, it’s just that the “EMO” tag itself seems like it’s no longer cool to anyone not named Machine Gun Kelly. But before it was Emo, it was called Shoegazer and College Rock before that.. And Metalcore is pretty much just Emo on roids.
In the bigger picture it’s really just an easily adaptable platform for youthful expression and therefore often thought of and dismissed as immature and something you eventually grow out of naturally.
The thing that sticks out about it is the art of it. It’s youth being able to express themselves without necessarily all the traditional restraints of skill level, as awkward as that may sometimes sound.
But where good skill and a little maturity are factors, I find that the best of the genre is quite engaging, and the emotional attachment that some young people eventually develop for this music is very real. So of course these new cats out there give it a nod, because deep down they love it, but on the surface they’ll more likely say it was a phase.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@Pinto Bean
One correction: MGK was never emo and I don’t think he ever labeled his music as such. It falls more along the lines of mainstream pop punk with some trap elements even though it does have the ingredients for an emo sound like millennial type lyrics about angst and self loathing.
Like I said, I’ve never had an emo phase or anything angst like it so I guess I’m out of my depth in that area, but I do know that the label is more than just a genre of music, it is an aesthetic and a way to escape the pain and harsh reality of the world and to escape conformity when paradoxically enough, the scene itself does have people who dress the same and have the same mentality. Regardless, it isn’t my kind of music even with some outliers that I liked, but I know how important it was (and still is) to people.
Posted Report
Pinto Bean
Non-Fungible Trixie -

refried sans lard
@Dashie41 YT
Sweet. After the self-titled album they suggested that they weren’t really interested in making new albums figuring that 10 was enough. They are not the most innovative group, but I love the shit out of them, and I’m glad they’re still kicking around. One of the last bands I saw live before COVID ruined everything.
Posted Report
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
So I just listened to the song “Twinkle Twinkle Little Bitch” by Leah Kate and. Wow. Todd in the Shadows wasn’t kidding, this is one of the worst songs I’ve heard in recent years.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide