Music thread

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Mellow Rhythm
Indeed. Like, musically, it’s clearly trying to cash in on Olivia Rodrigo’s style, but it completely falls flat by using a freaking nursery rhyme as its basis.
[](https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/311817957997281280/1062244099744338041/image.png)
Bizarrely, it’s not even the only song to do something like that recently–“abcdefu” by Gayle (who’s also clearly trying to be Olivia Rodrigo) and “U Love U” by Jax are also in that oddly specific category–but here, it also fails by being a breakup song, which is hard to do well, and if you mess it up, it makes you sound like the jerk compared to the person you’re targeting, and it makes you sound like you are not, in fact, over it.. Olivia’s appeal was her raw emotion, the sincerity of being a teenager going through a nasty breakup. A sincerity that you cannot replicate by being so obviously calculated and executive-mandated. And the lyrics try to paint the other guy as pathetic:

…which, as someone who is 26, has been trying to make it for years, and recently had to move back in with my parents, I take offense over–but even then, the burns fall flat because that person still looks more mature than the 27-year-old woman using “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” as a burn.
Posted Report
♬𝕸𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝕽𝖍𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖒♪
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

💙Glass Sight's Chocopon💙
@TheHappySpaceman
The whole song is really, let’s say, “pot, meet kettle” - it stinks of hypocrisy and shows a lack self-awareness with that aforementioned nursery rhyme melody, and the snotty singing style and and excessive swearing comes across more as petulant than “smart and edgy”. She sings of a supposed man-child while bawling like a woman-child.
Welp… How’s that for a critique? :P
Posted Report
Dashie41 YT
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Negan Guy
Does anyone remember Metal Inquisition by Piledriver the guy passed year in 2022 in September why didn’t i not know after hearing cover of Metal Inquisition by thrashers Infrared RIP to Gord
Posted Report
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
I’ll quote G.O.Z. for this one again:
I get a feeling this song wasn’t meant to be listened beyond just hearing the chorus on TikTok and getting a kick out of the “shock” of hearing her say “bitch” instead of “star”. Even then, Andrew Dice Clay already did the vulgar nursery rhyme shtick 35 years ago. As a matter of fact, this song is just Andrew Dice Clay’s version of “Little Miss Muffet”! That bit also relies on using the word “bitch” as a punchline and even that’s somehow less immature than this!
Posted Report
Starless
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
I don’t know if she was trying to come up with the worst possible song or if she’s just that bad but it sounds to me like pop artists don’t even try anymore, especially those from TikTok. Twinkle Twinkle Little Bitch? Yeah that does sound very lazy and a sad excuse to shout “bitch”.
And something tells me pop music is going to get even worse overtime. Maybe there will be AI-generated music like there is AI-generated art and if or when that happens, music as we knew it will completely die and whatever good is left will disappear.
Posted Report
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I like them small, one week flings that treat me like shit.
It’s awful, yeah sure, but there’s truly nothing like it.
I’d like to date someone I’d hate for 7 days.
Cheat on them, beat on them, and then go away.
A flower with thorns is still made full of scorn regardless of its beauty and well-defined color.
And though you may be abhorred, those sweet little flings I adore, for I truly do feel is compared by no other.
Guess I’m just as toxic.
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Starless
I’ve been watching a lot of Star Trek TNG lately, and I’ve been thinking about the holodeck. I think machine learning is going to give give the world of music two gifts:
  • Imagine a guitar lesson narrated your favourite guitarist, that’s been tailor-made to fit your learning style.
  • Imagine being able to say “Computer, compose me a song about [topic I find interesting] in the style of [artist I like]”.
I think getting to indulge our own idiosyncrasies, and be connected to people with similar interests has been one of the great perks of the internet. Getting to really personalize content seems like the next step.
Posted Report
Starless
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Mellow Rhythm
Yeah Jeff Beck was one of the greatest guitarists who ever lived. Definitely a huge blow.
@Starless
I’ve been watching a lot of Star Trek TNG lately, and I’ve been thinking about the holodeck. I think machine learning is going to give give the world of music two gifts:
  • Imagine a guitar lesson narrated your favourite guitarist, that’s been tailor-made to fit your learning style.
  • Imagine being able to say “Computer, compose me a song about [topic I find interesting] in the style of [artist I like]”.
I think getting to indulge our own idiosyncrasies, and be connected to people with similar interests has been one of the great perks of the internet. Getting to really personalize content seems like the next step.
If personalized content and AI songwriting is the solution I want my problem back. I sometimes wish the internet never existed since it’s done a lot more harm than good. Just look at all the harm AI generated art has brought. The same will happen with music. Artists and bands are going to shit. And personalized guitar lessons won’t matter since the AI can just play that for you so you don’t have to learn. Skills and human talent are slowly becoming a thing of the past. Future generations yet to be born won’t even imagine actually writing a song and playing an instrument. I’d hope these people who advance technology and shit learned their lesson but they don’t and they will want all this AI music bullshit. And I thought today’s music is bad.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Jeff Beck died
@Starless
That AI thing has got nothing to do with this thread, I think you’re just fear mongering and doom-posting there. Also, not everything has to go back towards modern music so it’s best if you ease it down with all that.
Posted Report
Starless
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Mr.Myoozik
Call me a doomer but I do think music is dying. It’s been dying since autotune. At least back then musicians actually played instruments instead of doing everything on a computer. Many people still play instruments today, but I doubt they will in many years if machines can do it for them.
And about modern music, I’ve said before there’s good modern music out there. I just haven’t found it. Not to mention a lot of old pop music from the 60s and 70s isn’t much better than today’s pop music.
Posted Report
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Mildgyth
Oh gods, you’re right. That song is totally tailor-made for TikTok, isn’t it? Only the chorus and little else. Man, that app is ruining music…
@DerpyFast
You know, I was thinking about the Holodeck and why that feels so far less sinister than AI-generated artwork and music and such. And I think it comes to this: The world of Star Trek is a utopia. Everyone has enough. They can survive and live and are free to pursue their art as passion, rather than being bound to making money off of it. But in this world, we have to make money, and AI that creates art is putting actual artists out of work. So even though the technology is fundamentally the same, until we achieve that utopia, I cannot view AI-created art and music as anything but a threat.
Posted Report
Andyxdr
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Glowin' up!
@Mr.Myoozik
Sorry about Jeff Beck’s death. 😔 He made a song called Hot Rod Honeymoon which is nice and it was in Gran Turismo 4, one of my all-time favorite video games.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide