The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
I like the diversity of the succubuses gang in hellavu boss. Nice wide range of guys and girls. We even got some WMOBW going on, you don’t see much of this day.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

Enter if you dare
this short film plagiarized one of Adam ElIis’ comics  
they didn’t ask him for permission and They didn’t even notify him until the film had already been released and was winning awards at film festivals and the email was asking him to promote it.  
full  
full  
full  
full
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
Here’s some information about the Tensei Slime anime that I found out through perusing Reddit. I find this really interesting.

“The story behind the Slime anime is complicated. The president and CEO of Kodansha is a big Slime fan, also Micro Magazine and 8-Bit (the studio). In short, they financed the costs of the anime almost out of their own pockets. But they still had to get past the anime committee. And the committee only wanted to release content quickly to sell merch.

Originally, Slime (season 1 at that time) was only supposed to adapt the first two volumes of the LN (all 24 episodes at that time). They agreed on 3 volumes, but in the middle of the production the committee decided to go through to volume 4. Against this the studio, the author of Slime, Kodansha and Co. were powerless. To top it all off, Slime did NOT get the green light for a second season until episode 19 / 20. Which is why the story was supposed to end after season 1.

But again: In the middle of the production the committee realized how successful Slime was and confirmed a second season. The studio and the author then tried to save what could be saved and rewrote the last episodes. That’s the reason why we get so much skipped content in season 2.

TL;DR In a nutshell: The production of the anime was pure chaos right from the start. And neither the author nor the anime studio behind it could do anything about it. The only one responsible is the (fucked up) anime committee.”

For the record, I want to say that season 2 of Tensei Slime has excellent. In fact, so was part 1 of the first season. It was really the second half of season 1 where you can tell things felt rushed.

But now that the producers aren’t being pressured into cramming four volumes in one season, the show has been tremendous.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

Enter if you dare
So apparently wandavision is going to have a cameo as being as Luke skyWalker in the mandalorian.  
People are speculating doctor strange but I think that might be a bit too obvious to be as big as that.  
mental note stay away from here and Twitter before watching new episodes
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@WyrmSpawN  
Surely they heard about all the controversy behind that film, right? How do they justify still nominating it?

@Sparx  
I don’t know! Legit, Sonic would have been a better nomination for that category than Music.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
So over in Marvel, Flash Thompson became Venom, then Anti-Venom, then got an Anti-Maniac boost, rejected turning into Poison Anti-Venom, then died like 5 minutes later, and is now back from the dead as a Grendel symbiote dragon having turned it into an Anti-Grendel.

I love comics.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Phantom Rider  
She made that Music film about that autistic girl, a film that initially attracted controversy for not casting an actual autistic person in the part, but later went on to attract even more controversy for its bad portrayal of the condition, its numerous depictions of the use prone restraint on said autistic character (a technique that can actually kill people), the director Sia’s attacks and insults towards actual people with the condition calling her out for it, and to put the cherry on top, the film’s connection with Autism Speaks.

All that… and then the film still somehow got nominated for a Golden Globe.

The only good news is that Hamilton and Borat Subsequent Moviefilm are nominated for the same category, so one of them will more than likely win instead of this crap.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
Somewhat politically-tinged question (let me know if I should move it back to Tartarus), but is it safe to start making films set in 1973-2000 New York again?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide