The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Scrabbleman  
Oh. Ok. Yeah sure in that world it’s possible, and sounds badass if not edgelord-ish.

Because im my mind I was like “That line stupid as hell. Man can’t kill God. the Devil can’t either. it’s a theological impossibility–what lore is this?”

And then I thought “maybe the God in that line is a lowercase god (in greek: theos) whom you can kill AND have killed. Jesus was a theos and the Romans whacked him. But you can’t kill The God (in greek: ho theos) no matter how much you tried.”
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@tehwatever  
I mean, yeah but it makes sense in terms of motivation. Btw, Lex Luthor was the one that said it.

“If God is all powerful, then he can’t be all good. If he is all good, then he can’t be all powerful. And neither can you be.”

This was Lex’s motivation. His hatred over God stems from his childhood abuse he received from his father. Since God let such thing happen despite how much he prayed, then God can’t be all good. In a sense, he argues that any God would be evil because a true all-powerful and all-righteous God wouldn’t allow that.

Superman, due to his savior acts, is the antithesis to this and he cannot accept Superman as all-powerful. He spends the rest of the film trying to prove that.

Of course, neither of us think that God is all good. So it’s just him.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I want to roll a cleric/necromancer hybrid class next time I play DnD.

My tagline will be “Either way, you’re coming back”.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Scrabbleman  
Hmh. Yeap, the “Problem of Evil” is popular is nerd culture. I find it cringe how it is always presented as a “gotcha christians / religious ppl” piece meant to point out a plot hole in the christian (and by association islamic) belief.

Now Idk about Xtian but The Problem ain’t a problem in Islam, not even slightly, also I believe The Problem has been exhaustively addressed by Xtians for years now. Prolly already has tons of tons of books in it.

Lex Luthor, smartest boy on Earth, must have somehow not come across nor read them books, if his view on The Problem is as simple as that.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

So I was JUST watching a youtube video (podcast style) and the host (muslim American) brought in the one and only Richard Spencer for some light chat for about an hour.

Ofc the topic of Nietzsche, New Atheism, Christianity and God comes up and lo and behold, The Problem of Evil shows up. THEN, Richard Spencer quoted “Batman vs Superman” Lex Luthor. Had to pause the video just to laugh. Ey Scrabbleman, thx man. My experience might have been different if I hadn’t asked about the quote.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I was pleased to see USAgent in Falcon and the Winter Soldier. I liked seeing Flag Smasher in it, though mostly how they incorporated him. But I got really hyped seeing Isaiah Bradley of all people.

Ooh boy, if Wandavision pulled this level of lore adapting I might want to watch it!
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

I just finished watching Godzilla vs. Kong illegally thru the internet (SolarMovies) since cinemas are still cancelled in my country due to the virus. (terribly sorry about doing this and also for my impatience but the hype they’ve built up till this time was well spent, there ain’t no crisises be gon’ stop me from watching this movie!)

I tell you what, t’was the best MonsterVerse movie i’ve ever seen so far!
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Granted, it turned out that all you needed to make Justice League not mediocre was to take the Whedon inserts out.

Still not good per se, but Zach Snyder presents Justice League is a sight better than Josstice League as it turns out.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
I thought the Snyder Cut was an unironically great movie.

@Dustcan  
TBF a lot of things get better once there is less Whedon in it.

Both quality wise and becuase no one actually wants Whedon near anything.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide