The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I’ve been working on the characters for my latest book and ran into an amusing situation.

I was going to make the paladin dark skinned but then this thought crossed my mind immediately…

“Oh wait he’s the one that dies first”.

So now if I do make him dark skinned, it’ll end up being the black guy dies first trope.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Sparx

He’s the only human on the team.

The main character is technically dark skinned, but she’s more along the lines of being grayish purple. There is a gnome and a dwarf too, so they’re humanish. Could tinker with them a bit.

Other character is vaguely wolf-like, so not much skin to show save for the face, neck, and hands.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
@Zincy  
See, in my mind that happens because he’s a paladin.

They tend to bite it because fighting for the forces of light exclusively is stupid requires sacrifice. What could be more noble?
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@WyrmSpawN

Maybe I’m just misreading, but part of me feels I should take that as an insult.

@Thanotos Omega

I favor writing non-humans merely out of creative drive. Why fill your story with humans when you have the infinite creative potential of the fantasy genre.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
@Zincy  
I didn’t expect you to, for what it’s worth.

And i should probably clarify that i meant characters and their ideas.

Spurred on by thinking about how silly A.I. rebellion stories are to me.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@WyrmSpawN

A bugbear of mine.

I’m hardly Einstein myself, but I still cringe every time we get the designated “smart” or “nerd” character and half their dialogue begins with “By my calculations…”
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@WyrmSpawN

That’s why they normally have to add a human flaw. Because in reality, a perfect AI would kick our organic asses without the slightest difficulty.

@Dustcan

One of my characters is “nerdy” in that he has a pet obsession with beasts and monsters, knows a lot about the creatures of his world, and geeks out to the group when he sees one.

Like a proper nerd when exposed to their pet interests.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!

@Zincy  
How to subvert the trope: have him dark-skinned but not black.  
Ppl who are ambiguously brown ain’t necessarily black.

Also an organic can kick a perfect AI’s butt provided they have the same weight class.  
Reason being: the perfect AI is ironically, have human flaws and its own exploitable idiosyncracies. The perfect AI perfectly imitates human intelligence and consequently its stupidity as well.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!

Not to mention a perfect self aware android with a working cardiovascular, respiratory, nervous, digestive, lymphatic, reproductive system etc would just be an organic anyway.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Watching the last episodes to Camp Cretaceous S3.

Why is it that like half of Jurassic Park/World protags are worse than the “villains”?
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@WyrmSpawN

The entire protagonist cast in Jurassic Park 2, for starters. They all eco-terrorists. And the villains from the movie…just wanted to make that tourist attraction that was the reason the dinosaurs were made in the first place?

Clone girl Whats-Her-Name from Jurassic World 2. Does untold damage and death by releasing the dinosaurs for stupid reasons. And the villains were just auctioneers? Not even necessarily trying to weaponize the dinosaurs this time.

And now all the kids from Camp Cretaceous. Gets a bunch of people killed and jeopardizes their escape off the island…for no real reason. They say it’s to prevent more hybrid dinosaurs from being made, but that’s really dumb to begin with and as we know by the movies ultimately pointless. And the villains in this season…just wanted data that belong to them, and would’ve given them a ride off the island despite not knowing they were there to begin with?
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
There are reports saying that a trailer for Spider-Man: No Way Home will be dropping soon, and that || Williem Dafoe wil be reprising his role as the Green Goblin and will also e the main villain of the movie ||
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide