The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@TheHappySpaceman  
A False Analogy would be this: in a Rated M for Mature games, why would a depiction of explicit rape be avoided? When scenes of gratuitous and definitely non-consensual violence is all over the place?

Think about it: Non-consensual act whereby you the player imposes your WILL To HARM the other player, practically describes everything you do in any violent vidya games. Even mildy violent ones like Fortnite.

Players get pleasure from doing that, too.

So…Why stop there? Why not also allow the rape of another player?

You shoot a guy in the head with a shotgun and you derive pleasure from it. How is that acceptable but you ramming your dick in their butt / thorat and deriving pleasure from it, is not?
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Hey, so since Christmas is less than a month away, screw the discussion about whether Die Hard is a Christmas movie. Here’s a better question: is Batman Returns a Christmas movie?

(I vote yes)
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
“THE TIME HAS COME TO PUNISH ALL GOD’S CHILDREN! First born! Second born! Male, and female! Why be biased? The sexes are equal when their erognenous zones are blown SKY HIGH!”
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Darth Prime  
Fun fact: Tim Burton came up with the “Red Triangle” circus gang, because as a kid he found circuses that his parents forced him to attend to be kinda frightening.

@TheHappySpaceman  
I think what keeps me from feeling the same is, Batman seemed to get less focus then the villains, (granted, the 3 villains were great, especially Walkin’s character) and the movie never really gave closure on the subplot of Batman getting framed by Penguin & Catwoman, (for the kidnapping/murder of that chick, and when they hacked the Batmobile, sending it on a rampage) and it’s odd he never really cleared his name over those events.

Still, it was pretty good, and Burton had more creative freedom with the movie then the first.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Darth Prime  
Well, Joker did have some clown & mime minions. The difference is the Red Triangle gang weren’t just clowns, and had circus acrobats, a music grinder, (with a machine gun) a monkey, sword jugglers, a deadpan poodle-training lady, and such.

Also, apparently Bruce/Batman states Penguin used to be a “freak” in said circus. So it kinda fits.

My favorite moment in the movie is when Penguin tells Batman,  
“You’re just jealous, because I’m a GENUINE freak! While you have to wear a mask!”  
Batmans response was great, “You might be right…”
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
When did the whole “children’s character on drug” joke stop getting funny?

I used to find that concept utterly hilarious way back in the day as my first exposure to it was when Family Guy did that joke with Timer the Cheese Guy:

full

But nowadays, any time I see that joke be attempted it’s just fucking cringe.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
So I’ve been thinking all day about what Christmas is all about and how that pertains to Christmas movies.

In terms of the broader cultural definition of what constitutes a Christmas movie, there’s a stronger sense that they need to be about the holiday, whether directly in the way of spirituality or the secular icons, or more thematically in terms of the “meaning” of Christmas or whatever. But it’s also a really strict definition in terms of theme, because particularly interpretations of what Christmas “means” tend to get swallowed up by a very generic and banal sort of “holiday cheer.”

My personal connection to the holiday is one of reflection, of nearing the colder parts of the year and looking within yourself and around you for spots of warmth to hold you through. It’s less about direct joy and happiness, and more about the awareness of better things ahead… and if you think about it, that all describes Batman Returns really well.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@CaptainXtra  
Because it’s so overdone now, as well as the “Classic kiddy cartoon character is suddenly an ax murderer” gag.

@Darth Prime  
Many feel Batman Returns Penguin was similar to Killer Croc in some ways, especially his orgin story.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide