The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Background Pony #2FE1
@Angrybrony  
Probably when Sub version of Season 2 is finished since Netflix like to release whole seasons with anime or they can do Season 2 Part A and Season 2 Part B thing
Background Pony #2FE1
if a all Marvel Fighting game who would be guest fighters? The first few would be obvious: 3-6 STAR WARS characters, Conan the Barbarian, Ultraman, Miracleman, Alien, Predator, one Warhammer 40,000 character, one League of Legends characters, Ryu

Pick 7 more rules: they must be from Superhero comic or close enough to that not DC or have been in 2D fightering game before well comic characters anyway if not at least a character in Disney family go!
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
It’s so funny to me that people have a problem with people calling The Clone Wars and/or Avatar The Last Airbender “kid’s shows”

Like bruh that is literally what they are
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Commune

Avatar is def a kids show, but Clone Wars tackled some…really fucking dark stuff in hindsight.

“Good soliders follow orders”.
Phantom Rider
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

You are already booped.
It’s funny - in kindergarten, you’d send the whole class into a laughing fit if you were to do anything as scandalous as mention any kind of genitals, or commit the act of death-defying derring-do that is using the words ma-ma and da-da said were a no-no. Then you hit the ripe old age of 12 and anyone not swearing isn’t doing it just ‘cause they don’t feel like it. Yet, “adult” humor seems to have no plan for making us laugh that doesn’t hinge on our feelings on dicks and the F word remaining exactly as they were at age six.

Or at least, I sure find myself flipping channels the tenth time someone says ‘fuck’ but nothing funny has actually been said or done. I know you know how to swear. I never said you didn’t. Is that all you got? …oh, it is. Sorry about that…
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Zincy  
George Lucas once said Star Wars is for 12 year old. And I think that perfectly epitomizes the Clone Wars. At that age you’re getting more mature but you’re still not old enough for things like Game of Thrones. Clone Wars gives a nice balance for older tweens and teens to enjoy Star Wars and cartoons.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Me watching Queen’s Gambit because someone had it on the screen:

Damn, she’s pretty. OMG SHE’S PRETTY. What’s the message of this series again? Nah who cares! Just look at her, LOOK!

I mean no, for real. the entire time I’m just appreciating her features. her large anime eyes, her curvy lips, that nose, her everything, man, DAMN! Her face looks like some Overwatch character or something!  
Also I think I seen her before but where…

checks imdb

New Mutant. Oh. Okay yeah.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
I think I’ve fallen in nerd love.

A girl I’m chatting with said the hottest thing to me.

“Lord of the Rings marathon. Extended editions”.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Dex Stewart

Tbf, I’m a Hobbit Stan so I’d be fine with that.

Did they need to exist? No, no they did not. But they’re fun in their own respects lol.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
Ready Player One was a thing that existed.

The intro of Super Smash Brothers Ultimate left a bigger impact than the entirety of that movie.

Wreck It Ralph was also infinitely more memorable than RPO.

Hell, I remember that shitty movie Pixels even more.
Sparx
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
I don’t really ‘get’ the Cyberpunk genre. The ‘cyber’ part sure but the ‘punk’ aspect seems to be something people can never agree on.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Sparx

The way I see it, Punk if I understand it correctly is a blanket term to suggest a low-life / social alienation or political rebellion of the current zeitgeist, usually in the form a satire, criticism or commentary works.

That’s why I consider Alif the Unseen to be one of the few Islama-Punk english fictional novel. The setting is laden with islamic imagery and references but the concerns and anxiety of a modern young adult living in 21st century is the focus (because, well, it does take place in an alternate universe high tech middle eastern police state in what seems to be vaguely the 2010s)

I’d argue that almost 90% of anime I consume are punk without the label. Bleach and Naruto comes to mind.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide