The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Sparx  
For me the general rule for a PUNK is the juxtaposition of a high-science, high tech/ high-fantasy with lowlife / street life.

Anytime I see an enormous gap of power between the wealthy and the poor, the criminal and the law-abiding, the super pragmatist vs moral idealist, it could be a punk.

The idea is that, science tech and magic SHOULD make life better for everyone, yet somehow in a world abundant of such things, life has somehow gotten worse, either caused directly by tech and science, or caused by a freak accident that neither tech nor science can fix.

Pessimism and skepticism towards promises made by organized religion, government, Megacorp or any other authoritative entity is part of the Punk experience.

On the flip side, optimism and trust towards personal gods, a tight-knit family, small to medium sized businesses and a group of best friends is usually present.
Background Pony #7E57
@Dustcan  
Yeah but you know Al has something big fo #50 issue he said few plot points will move to his run on Guardians
Background Pony #7E57
Fan fact: Paru Itagaki creator of Beastars Manga is daughter of Keisuke Itagaki creator Baki the Grappler manga
northern haste
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
Paul King is the director of wonka  
who was also director of the paddington movie those were pretty good  
peter capaldi better be in it
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
What’s the reason we never see any Battle Droids amongst the Rebellion?

(Haven’t watched any newer films in full after The Force Awakens).

Did not a single one of those fellas survive the Clone Wars?
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@CaptainXtra

They were shutdown alongside Order 66. So there was basically none active by the time of the Original Trilogy.

One episode of Rebels did show a single platoon of droids resisted the shutdown order, but even after being convinced to combat the Empire only about one shuttle’s worth of droids got away. So their droid commander basically told the Crew of the Ghost “Ok we’re bros now. But fighting the Empire is suicide at our strength. Peace out y’all.”
Background Pony #7E57
Donny Cates is leaving Venom with Landmark #200 issue he says has more Marvel comics in the works
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Google politely suggested me a webcomic through one of its articles.

The webcomic is a drama webcomic revolving a pastry shop called Gourmet Hound, with our MC being an employee there.

Now, I usually dont read webcomic, especially a cooking one. I dont even read feking…Shougeki no Soma.

But considering one of its prominent supporting recurring character is a Hijabi who co-owns the titular pastry shop…

full full

I couldn’t just say NO
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I suppose my one current purpose in life currently is to find as many hijabi / hooded women characters in fiction as possible.

I know X-Men got that skin-tight abaya-wearing Dust. Young Justice’s got Halo. Glitch Techs got Zahra, Mass Effect has Tali Zora. oh and ofc, my favorite background pony

Okay who else. Imma start putting a personal list of hijabi characters in fiction, which shouldn’t even be too many, unless I start counting really obscure works.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide