The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

“talent without training is nothing”

full

Tell it to this guy please. He curbstomped three of the strongest characters in the series on talent alone and two of those three basically have done nothing but train.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Goku Black

It’s mostly well self-contained. But you’ll get the most out of the experience with the fewest questions if you watch Kong Skull Island and Godzilla King of the Monsters.

Yes oddly enough the first movie of the Monsterverse - Godzilla 2014 - isn’t exactly required viewing to see the last movie of the series.
northern haste
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
That moment when legendary did a cinematic universe better with Giant monsters than Warner brothers with DC.  
Surely took their time.  
|| Which makes it even more interesting The climax plays out very similar to Batman V Superman Just about any mother names||
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
I know that a lot of people hate John Walker because he’s not Steve Rogers and give him shit for it but considering the latest episode of FATWS…

Sam, Bucky? you both suck. Karli? You suck the most. You’re all horrible and none you deserve that shield.
Dex Stewart
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Scrabbleman  
I totally don’t get why people have an issue with him. I’d just be geeking out that such a relatively obscure character was acknowledged.  
full  
And on top of that he looks pretty faithful to his original design. His role is even pretty close right? I haven’t seen FatWS.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Dex Stewart  
The one hating are exclusively MCU fans like me.

But I dont hate. I like him. I think he’s worthy of that shield and flag EXACTLY because he is who he is.  
He’s America. He’s the current state of America’s soul.  
Steve was also America, but he was America’s ideals.

Steve even dropped the shield in MCU Civil War because he knew the shield is not worthy of him. The shield represented America’s state of being and Steve knew he was not representative of it.
Scrabbleman
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@tehwatever  
I get that, I get that BUT!!!

Everyone is so focused on one side of what John Walker represents that they ignore the other part; the human part.

John Walker is a PTSD-riddled super-stressed human being who is burdened with an enormous weight that no person, superhuman or otherwise, can carry on their own and received no help, even from those he depended on or expected to get from. As the series progresses, we see this burden slowly kill him inside out and despite his well intentions of wanting to be a good role model and save American lives, the larger-than-life situations he’s been forced into has caused nothing but grief.

And now, he’s completely broken. I’d say that being Captain America, despite it being his dream, was also the worst decision he’s ever made for himself.

You’re right that he represents the horrible nature of what present-day militaristic America is but he also represents the victim of this state. He is the victim of the government not treating its soldiers well, the victim of survivor’s guilt and lack of support. He is no different than a veteran of the Vietnam War, except now he’s also a matyr.

No one can live up to Steve’s legacy, not even Steve. The difference between Steve Rogers and John Walker isn’t because Steve is a good person and John’s an ass, but because Steve didn’t have that pressure and expectation early on. Steve acclimated to the intensity of his position over time, while John was literally thrown into the sharks. In a sense, Steve had a privilege than John didn’t.

It’s sad as shit, yo.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dex Stewart  
No. The fans mad because they dont read comic, like me. They have no reference outside of the MCU and so judge Walker solely based on his comparison with MCU’s Rogers.

Das it.

@Scrabbleman  
I know. Das why I like his character. Like I said, he is America’s soul. America’s gone thru ptsd, it currently carries the weight of responsibility as the country with the heroes that saved the world, it just went through TWO major crisis in the span of five years, and it tries its best to become the global leader / hero it once was.

Similarly, pre WW2 America didnt HAVE that burden like it does post-blip.

That’s why America is now paranoid, insecure, twitchy and just wishes that everybody would fall in line and stop getting in its way.

You mentioned Walkers being a victim of the state? So is America. It was a victim of something else that left it with survivor guilt and no support. We saw this anxiety in Wandavision.

So yeah. Your assessment is agreeable and I think he is worthy of the shield, in more ways than one.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
“Flash Thompson was a bully. Then he was a soldier. Then a superhero. And then he was dead. Now he’s a dragon…”

I love comics.
Dex Stewart
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@tehwatever  
I’m just as clueless when it comes to the movies.  
Like I have no idea why X-Men 3 pissed people off so much. That was the only one that actually felt like a movie,and the first half at least was kinda good.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Falcon and Winner Soulja very very minor spoiler…so I won’t spoiler tag it.

There’s a totally one-off not-even-a-character called Donya Madani an elderly woman refugee from some middle eastern country turned teacher, and the person that apparently The Flagsmashers kinda look up to. She kinda died.

Anyway, that name is kinda…it kinda hit me unexpectedly. Donya is possibly from the word Dunya, meaning world. Madani comes from Madina, the city of the Prophet Muhammad that became his base of operation and where he did the bulk of his prophethood work from. A city he built.

Now. Madani also has a secondary meaning: it sometimes used to refer to utopia or at least, as ideal a city as it gets, islamically speaking. Many muslims consider Madina to have been the standard of a successful city and community, and so the name Madina eventually becomes an adjective madani to mean “Madina-esque”

Donya Madani, therefore, can be loosely translated as: Ideal World, or Utopian World.

HUH. Bet that one flew right past a lotta guys. But then I could just be reaching here.
Scrabbleman
Artist -

[screams in German]
Battlestar aka Lemar Hoskins is not a superhero.

That’s the thing. Among everyone who has a codename, Lemar is obviously the only one that’s not super in any way. He’s just a soldier and one of the many of the US army. He has no special skills, no gimmicks, no unique equipment, no anything.

Hawkeye is a world-class archer and Black Widow is a trained assassin. They’re normal people with abnormal skill sets. Falcon has his wing suit and Iron Man is obvious. These are people with unique equipment and the know-how to handle them. Thus, they’re all superheroes despite being obviously normal humans.

Lemar was just a dime-of-a-dozen soldier. But he gave himself a codename because he idolises heroes. In fact, that’s a trait he and John Walker shared. They both idolised the hero life. They wanted of be a part of it. They both wanted to be superheroes. It was their biggest dream.

Episode 4 shattered that dream for them both. And that’s tragic.

Also, an interesting thing to note is that, except for one, no one in the MCU actually chose their role. Banner was an accident while Stark was traumatized into it. Even AntMan didn’t choose, having been scouted by Pym. The only exception is, ironically, Steve Rogers who chose to fight in WW2 by becoming Captain America.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide