Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Mildgyth
Because Noah’s wife is his nakedness in this context. Basically. seeing a guy’s nakedness means banging his wife. They had to censor that because they wanted to have kiddies read it and not upset protective mothers.
Posted Report
Spidey10
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Batman > Superman
Is that really an unpopular opinion though? Batman has been more successful. And for me personally, I’ve loved Batman since I was a little kid. Never loved a version of Superman until Man Of Steel came out.
Posted Report
Spidey10
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@Spidey10
Sounds like the issue is what you’re looking for is Man of Steel is the only one you like.
I mean I saw the Christopher Reeve films and thought they were fine and did like Superman in the Justice League animated series. But yeah I never truly loved an adaptation of him until Man Of Steel (IMO the second best film of 2013 only behind Prisoners).
Posted Report
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@SleepySteve
“Furthermore, technology is far deadlier than at any point in history.”
That’s true. Even though our times have the fewest war related deaths in a long time we have the tech to make the earth uninhabitable several times over. Even Russia can do irreversible damage to the ecosphere, prob knock the planet out of alignment lmao.
Meanlucario pretty much said it though. Our weapons are a pandoras box nobody wants to open anymore. MAD
Posted Report
Spidey10

@Spidey10
If you don’t mind me asking, why? I’m guessing you heard how much us Superman fans didn’t like that movie, so I want to hear your perspective.
I’m well aware that it’s a very divisive film. I loved it though because of the story. Clark Kent has spent most of his life knowing that he’s an alien and the world will change when everyone finds out. He also has the ideologies of two fathers. One wants him to be the protector of his world while the other just wants him to be a good man. I also thought Michael Shannon’s Zod was a great villain. I usually really like villains who truly believe that their goals are right. And of course you have Zack Snyder’s amazing visuals,good to great performances from the entire cast, amazing action set pieces, and Hans Zimmer’s terrific score.
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Spidey10
I’m pretty sure protector and good man aren’t that different. I think the movie missed that Clark is a very human superhero (one of the few who’s whole thing is saving others and doesn’t “graduate” from that). Doesn’t help that Justice League supported the theory that Clark is the real person and Superman his work suit (as oppose to Batman where Bruce is the second identity that Batman uses), which is a better angle in my opinion than the Christ allegories (especially since both of his creators were jewish and his origins being more Moses than Jesus, as well as early into WWII where it could be argued he’s satire of the Nazi’s perfect being ideology, where said perfect being serves and helps humanity instead of rules over it).
Posted Report
Spidey10

@Spidey10
I’m pretty sure protector and good man aren’t that different. I think the movie missed that Clark is a very human superhero (one of the few who’s whole thing is saving others and doesn’t “graduate” from that). Doesn’t help that Justice League supported the theory that Clark is the real person and Superman his work suit (as oppose to Batman where Bruce is the second identity that Batman uses), which is a better angle in my opinion than the Christ allegories (especially since both of his creators were jewish and his origins being more Moses than Jesus, as well as early into WWII where it could be argued he’s satire of the Nazi’s perfect being ideology, where said perfect being serves and helps humanity instead of rules over it).
I dunno. I thought there was humanity in Clark. Whether it’s a small moment like the first flight scene and that smile he gives at actually being able to do it or a major moment when after killing Zod to save humanity, he let out that scream. He didn’t want to do it, but he made the right choice for the fate of humanity.
Like I mentioned, I’m aware that Snyder’s depiction of Superman is a very divisive one. And I understand why not everyone enjoyed it
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Spidey10
I feel like taking the fight to the city and not pointing Zod’s head down so Zod would only be hurting himself kind of goes against that view. There’s a difference between fighting villains and saving lives (especially since Sup is suppose to care for all lives, not just humans). It makes Superman killing Zod affecting him for one scene and not at all afterwards very dumb. Fans don’t like him killing, but would be willing to if at least we see it used to solidify he no-killing policy going forward.
Posted Report
Spidey10

@Spidey10
I feel like taking the fight to the city and not pointing Zod’s head down so Zod would only be hurting himself kind of goes against that view. There’s a difference between fighting villains and saving lives (especially since Sup is suppose to care for all lives, not just humans). It makes Superman killing Zod affecting him for one scene and not at all afterwards very dumb. Fans don’t like him killing, but would be willing to if at least we see it used to solidify he no-killing policy going forward.
The fight would’ve happened in the city no matter what. Zod made it clear he was fighting him there until one of them died. Sure Supes could’ve tried to lure Zod somewhere else to fight, but he wouldn’t follow. And Zod was a lot more skilled in combat than he was.
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Spidey10
I’m pretty sure Zod did follow him, but Superman flew back to the city anyway (likely because movies like to show destroyed cities for some reason).
Posted Report
Spidey10

@Spidey10
I’m pretty sure Zod did follow him, but Superman flew back to the city anyway (likely because movies like to show destroyed cities for some reason).
Forgot about that part actually. Thanks.
I still think it works because he hasn’t been Superman for that long and the destruction of Metropolis is addressed and plays a role in it’s follow up (BVS).
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Spidey10
You mean after the writers realized that maybe having the man who’s suppose to care about the little people causing their deaths is a bad look. I suggest watching Superman vs the Elites personally.
Posted Report
Spidey10

@Spidey10
You mean after the writers realized that maybe having the man who’s suppose to care about the little people causing their deaths is a bad look. I suggest watching Superman vs the Elites personally.
Nah. I have a feeling that probably was part of the plan even before the sequel got turned into Batman V Superman. Snyder was planning another Superman film months before MOS came out, but then WB suggested bringing Batman into it and allowed Snyder to attempt to map out his version of the DC Universe. It was a 5 film plan and we ended up getting 3.
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Spidey10
I think you’re giving him too much credit, especially considering the speedrun of Superman’s death.
Also, I was being serious about Superman vs the Elites. It’s quite good.
Posted Report
Spidey10

@Spidey10
I think you’re giving him too much credit, especially considering the speedrun of Superman’s death.
Also, I was being serious about Superman vs the Elites. It’s quite good.
I might add it to the watchlist. With the direct to video DC animated films, I find them hit or miss. I enjoyed some like the Flashpoint film and Batman Gotham Knight, but find others disappointing/dull like The Killing Joke.
Posted Report
Spidey10

@Spidey10
I heard Killing Joke wasn’t good, and even the original comic had glaring issues like fridging Batgirl.
See The Killing Joke is actually my comic story of all time. The animated film adds things that are just pointless to the actual story and the cheap look bothered me.
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
Honestly, the names of characters being changed in a dub isn’t that bad. The names of fictional characters aren’t that important when it comes to translating a media.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide