Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Elidiotadelaesquina
True, but I mean in general. Batman may be smarter, but Superman isn’t a meathead (his true “weakness” is collateral damage, so he needs to think about the best way to avoid or minimize that every time it’s more than a 1v1).
Posted Report
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Elidiotadelaesquina
Krypton is described to have a lot of flora and fauna resembling Earth, which is explained by parrallel evolution theory.
Kryptonians resemble humans in every topological way. Their physiological differences seem to be driven by the differences in their planets gravity, and the host stars energy output.
If different criteria was made, they could be considered human… Well no, we got lables for two different evolution lines having species that resemble each other. Kryptonians would be Pseudoprimate, or unspecified humanoid. Pseudosuchia are not crocodiles, but named after their crocodilian apearance.
Yeah scientifically not human, but symbolically, Kryptonians look and oporate a lot like humans.
Posted Report
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
tactile telekinesis was basically something that was created to explain some of Superman’s physics impossible feats that ended up opening a massive can of worms
Posted Report
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Meanlucario
You said the same thing when I was high as a kite rambling about AI.
I didn’t take a strong interest in any fiction until my late 20’s. I used to think that idolizing superheros and power fantasies degenerated the brain. I no longer think this.

Also I know Superman is hilariously nonscientific, but not always. The extent of his powers can’t be explained, but the general idea of why he is any more powerful than humans almost seems reasonable.
I do love a good bit of rubber science. Even those documentaries that are supposed to be real science, it’s still amusing, something is still often learned.
In fact I like fiction more than nonfiction now. It’s not so tiresome to talk about with people.
Posted Report
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Meanlucario
I was actually referencing the Silver Age Superman comic storyline. Then describing the etymology of what science would classify Superman as in that context.
Xeno-Pseudosapian would prob be it.

This is enough meat to decide if Superman is human, pseudosapian or not.
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Background Pony #2A7B
Yeah but if two evolutionary lines can produce a similar animal, and we got a naming convention for that, it wouldn’t be a far stretch to apply it to an animal from another planet.
With lack of planet based classification system for animals, Xeno just means foreigner.
Get your shit together before dropping the condescending .png. Never said not an alien.
Posted Report
Background Pony #2A7B
two evolutionary lines can produce a similar animal, and we got a naming convention for that, it wouldn’t be a far stretch to apply it to an animal from another planet.
I think that’s not how it works to classify specimens, I guess you can take the knowledge you have on a placebtarian biped base, but you still have to consider that homo is not xeno, that would apply from a new line of reproduction with these 2 “joining”.
Nor am I against the idea that life outside this planet can develop like that of the earth, I found this article and this one, although I like to take the way more towards speculative evolution.
Beth

In digital purgatory
Now lets take what we know, and work backwards from that.
There is no classification system for animals outside of Earth.
So lets assume that Krypton and Earth are treated as the same planet. Krypton likely, and even cannonlogically is a ‘super earth’ in speculative xenobiology. What would we name the species besides Kryptonian?

Also I agree. While the theory wreaks of anthropic principle it’s not unreasonable. Cosmologist predict their may be plenty of planets that are exact copies of Earth, even with doppelgangers of you and me in extreme circumstance. In this case, Biologist might decide to use almost exact naming conventions as here on earth. If someone from another planet has the same genetics and evolutionary timeline as a human on earth, it would suit biologist greatly to just name them after us, with some prefix to indicate they’re from another planet.

Now my mistake might be that we’ve only had one clade of animals I know of that’s named after resembling another clade. Homosapian however is the level of species. The naming conventions could have changed at different levels I don’t know.

Biologist might not like to call an animal like Kryptonian a ‘pseudohuman’ because they didn’t evolve specifically to resemble a human, they evolved on their own, away from humans, and happened to resemble a human.

In the Linnaean system, where animals are classified by physical traits. This is where I assume Superman would be compared to homosapians. However even the Linnaean system would account for the fact he can levitate and fire lasers from his eyes.

I prefer the Phylogenetic system, the one that says birds are reptiles, and makes clear that the domestic chicken, or broiler cock is in fact a descendant of the T-Rex.

What would you call Kryptonians?
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp

Frozen would be accepted a bit better if Disney didn’t act like it was their best movie and rub it in everyone’s faces.
It wasn’t terrible, but it wasn’t a masterpiece either. But it was still an alright movie. A bit rough, with a few dumb songs and quotes but still decent.
The Encanto fandom is why I think Encanto is ‘meh’ some of the songs are good but nah. I prefer Turning Red 100%. Because I didn’t get thrashed and my words twisted by herds of feral fans
Posted Report
Background Pony #2A7B
@Beth
The only thing I have to say about it was said before:
I just find trying hard to justify aliens looking like humans funny.
Many things to consider, I hope somewhere in the comics there is the Kryptonian view of Earthlings.
Honestly you took the words out of my mouth.
Posted Report
Background Pony #0ABE
Honestly, the concept of crossover is not anymore as interesting as it was. Constantly trying to mix characters over time has been done so often is now rather uninteresting.
Posted Report
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Tapping out in Combat Sports is NOT a dishonor and shame to the fighter who got submitted. Think of the potential life-threatening injuries it will bring to them.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide