Unpopular opinion time

General Discussion » Unpopular opinion time Search Posts
Kazapsky
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Five scoops of ice cream
@Whatevs

Because the Mane 6 are the only characters that deserve screentime, amirite?

Without the rest of the cast, there would be no story, no background, no character development, no conflict, no MLP. Cry me a river that a mod of a game built on an ensemble cast didn’t focus all its attention on your waifu.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
Can they please stop making animated characters look like their VAs? It was creepy when Dreamworks did it, and Wreck It Ralph didn’t make it any better.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
@UTTFISH’S  
It’s kind of only really done when there’s celebrity VAs. The three Dreamworks movies I had in mind (Robots, Shark Tale, and Bee Movie) all had celebrities to make up for the mediocrity of their stories.

With Wreck it Ralph, it was just weird seeing Jane Lynch playing a character that looked just like her, ditto for Sarah Silverman.
Marshal805
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

I think the whole “Boring White person acts Black” joke is moronic & unfunny, and basically just another form of the old Minstrel Shows.

It promotes the stereotype that Black Americans are only good for entertainment value and nothing else.
letsgobowling E991

I think bacon is pretty good but not enough to have all this publicity and merchandise, like gumballs, envelopes, lollipops, chapstick and LUBE.

(If you don’t believe me on that last one, Check it out. It exists.)
Soufriere

Sunset Shimmer Fan
@Itsthinking  
Disagree. I think Wreck-It-Ralph handled that pretty well. A hell of a lot better than Dreamworks does, at least (Shark Tale is one of the worst abortions of an “animation” ever to sully a movie screen).

And for my unpopular non-Pony opinion for the morning… I hate Chuck Norris, and think all the memes swirled around him over the years are stupid, and anyone who likes him is stupid.

I’m also not really a fan of American-style bacon. Never have been. Don’t get its memetic popularity.
Trickquestion

I’m of the opinion that my country’s economic problems can be greatly reduced by having convicted criminals battle each other to the death in publicized events, with tickets, concessions, and television advertising being used to generate revenue.

But apparently suggesting killing thousands of people as a way to solve social problems makes me a sociopath.
Whatevo
Thread Starter - The great GamerGate discussion.

Arch-Rarifag
@Kazapsky  
They deserve more screentime than Trixie and the CMC  
And you’re the one getting emotional here.

Also… Ulfric Stormcloak did nothing wrong.
FlutterLove
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Whatevs  
trust me when I say the only CMC/Trixie that actually gets any use with me is Scootaloo and that is because she has Mog’s equipment draw so Snow Muffler + Soar (Jump, it is automatically available to Scootaloo, Rainbow Dash and Derpy) + Dragon Horn combo <3  
Trixie is actually dropped once I get a 5th party member in WoR  
Celestia and Luna are good, Celestia’s Summon command can be downright abusive with either Phantom or Fenrir on her.
Kazapsky
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Five scoops of ice cream
@Whatevs

I’m just sick of people bashing anything that doesn’t fixate on the Mane 6 to the exclusion of all else. One or two instances of something annoying I can let slide, but we’re somewhere in the thousands on this.

I don’t care for the CMC either, but background ponies would have been better choices for some of the roles the Mane 6 got shoehorned into. Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash positively mangled their respective parts. I sincerely hope that any future pony versions of games will consider leaving out Mane 6 members if someone else fits the role better.
UTTFISH'S
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Buttweys

Un*belly*vable!
@Trickquestion  
Considering the possible shortcomings of the US justice system, make that violent repeat offenders and individuals who caused a marked decline in several peoples’ lives (looking at you, ponzi scheme tricksters)
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Megalobronia
That’s more for the other unpopular opinion thread, this one is towards MLP
About your points:
  1. Depends on what fringe you’re talking about and in what place
  2. It hasn’t been bothering me either but I wish it could be better
  3. To be fair, Spongebob’s quality has significantly improved and not sure about Family Guy
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide