Video games: Things that seemed hard before but easy now

Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@JP  
@Itsthinking  
Point and clicks died out because they lost their niche, Just as turn based games are falling behind real time ones, They used to be one of the only genres where you could really tell a good story, action games needed to much work else where to have cut scenes or breaks in the action for a crappy plot, Now days though narrative driven games are becoming the norm for most genres, it’s telling that people are annoyed when your excuse plot is weak,

As for the thread proper, the first Devil May Cry was nightmarish on easy for me, I can now play those genres on normal with only a few trial and error deaths.
Megalobronia
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Nintendo Nerd
I used to suck really bad at Mario platformers (namely New Super Mario Bros. Wii and DS and Super Mario Galaxy), frequently dying even in the early worlds. Not so much nowadays.
TheGamerPainter
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

OC maker
Aceing Here’s to never growing up on Expert on Guitar Hero Live. This was like 2 weeks after playing the game when I got it for Christmas many years ago.
Posted Report
Farnesy911
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Twixie Should Be Canon
The Souls series. When I first played Dark Souls back in 2011, I never got far past Undead Burg. Watched my brother playing it a year or so later, got interested in the lore and whatnot.
When I went back and approached the game with a more open mind I had a lot more success.
Nowadays Souls-likes are like second nature to me. Feels odd to think back on it now.
Moon Flower
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!

Moon?
The very end end-boss race in Diddy Kong Racing.
How would you know back then that the way to win needs you to know about releasing the throttle when hitting the turbo pad to get even faster? Same mechanic exists in F-Zero GX, by the way.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
Been replaying the likes of Starcraft 2 and C&C Tiberium Wars recently, and it struck me how much of a set cadence modern RTS games have in their single player campaigns. In earlier games and games designed by people who take into account player agency, you were basically given an objective to accomplish as you saw fit. In modern RTS games, they’re more-or-less designed around the new unit showcase paradigm, where each mission will introduce a new unit, and the mission is built around said unit’s abilities. Once I realised that, a lot of the harder missions become cakewalks where it’s very easy to cheese them since the developers didn’t take into account that I may not want to do things their way; and missions I found difficult earlier became much easier.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide