Another Cringe Thread About Bronies in General. (Possibly NSFW)

PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@Latecomer  
There are two factors, IMO, that lead to the “little chance of any pairing being canon”:  
  1. The show, especially early on when the fandom was forming, never centered romance as a positive goal. In fact, Rarity’s implied stallion-chasing and the love poison episode both clearly showed that chasing romance is a waste.  
  2. Possibly more important, there was never a clear closest pair between the M6, so you’d be forced to either make something up or go for the M6 omniship. IIRC, Dash & Shy were the only ponies that had a pre-existing connection prior to S1E01. Twipie was never the implied canon ship, so there was never an overbalance of Twipie art nor Twijack proponents going on rages of copium over it.

@Twiface  
    I used to hate the Lyrabon ship specifically because it was spammed so often. It was obnoxious and stupid (like Lyra’s hand obsession). Over the years, I’ve come to appreciate Lyrabon as the story of two long-term roommares who slowly fell in love with one another as they realized that they were the only pony who would always be there to return to. It’s pure HC at this point, but it’s a better love story than any of the canonized love at first sight stories. After dates with stallions (or other mares) went poorly, Bon-Bon could return home and commiserate with Lyra. Lyra might move out for a year for work but eventually return to live with Bon once again. Eventually, they realized that they had been in a de facto loving lesbian relationship for half a decade and made it official with a wedding.

Your thoughts on Octiscratch line up with mine. It’s not an interesting ship. Good stories and art can be made of it, but the ship itself isn’t part of my HC. If anything, my HC is that Octavia is straight but presents herself to the world as ace while Vinyl is mostly ace. Again, that’s all unfounded HC. Who wouldn’t want a story of two strictly platonic roommares who live together due to the realities of being a pair of musicians on opposite schedules?
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
Here’s a different flavor of cringe: uploaders who don’t properly tag their anthro. Doubly so if it’s also SFM. I don’t think any less of you for enjoying it; I do think less of you for putting it in my watch list.
Twiface
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Princess of Shitposting
Octavia is straight but presents herself to the world as ace

Demisexual

two strictly platonic roommares

This fandom seems to assume that if two mares have a close relationship then it MUST be sexual.

uploaders who don’t properly tag their anthro. Doubly so if it’s also SFM

Yeah, I hate that too.
Twiface
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Princess of Shitposting
@Dogman15  
Vinyl probably plays late into the night since she does club music.  
Maybe Tavi has a couple of evening concerts, but probably has daytime practice & rehearsals.
Dogman15
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I'm not famous.
@Twiface  
Proposed sleep schedule for Vinyl: 3am-11am  
Proposed sleep schedule for Octavia: 10pm-7am

And because it sounds similar to me;  
Supposed sleep schedule for Princess Luna: 4am-1pm  
Supposed sleep schedule for Princess Celestia: 8pm-5am
Latecomer

Reminds me of John Hinkley Jr and Jodie Foster… except he didn’t actually manage to kill anyone, did he? Hope Ashleigh doesn’t take it too hard… and Hasbro doesn’t decide to retire AJ.
Background Pony #1928
@lonewolf  
Worth noting is that the comment section of that post got locked. I’m unsure if there were any specific comments that caused it to be locked, but I did see some that I found pretty cringy, especially the doomsaying ones saying “THIS IS THE END OF THE FANDOM, GUYZ!” Need I remind this is the same fandom that had to deal with one of our most popular members (ToonKriticY2K) being a pedophile? If we can survive that, we can survive this. Not to mention, the shooter being a brony is a really minor and insignificant thing that had nothing to do with the shooting itself.
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Peace to all
@lonewolf  
I am not seeing too much of a mention in the media mentioning it, so far. We shall see. Generally when things “don’t fit” into a pre-established narrative on one side or the other most media will just leave it alone but the ingredients are there for some controversy considering last year.

We shall see.
Twiface
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Princess of Shitposting
@Latecomer  
@ichiban iceychan 1517

As far as I know, none of the Mane Six are going to be featured in G5, so Applejack was already on her way out. This is just a rehash of the “they’re gonna kill Applejack!” drama from two years ago.

@Background Pony #1928  
I don’t remember the ToonKritic drama ever reaching outside of the fandom. People outside the fandom generally dismiss anything brony-related, including fandom drama, because they don’t really care. Just like the other incident I mentioned, this will probably blow over in a week or two.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Too often devolves into personal attacks on other users, instead of media personalities.