Another Cringe Thread About Bronies in General. (Possibly NSFW)

PoniesRUs
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Hey guys, OP here. I haven’t been paying attention to this thread for a long time now, but I recently decided to check it out again, and I can’t say I like the direction it’s been going over the past few years. It seems like half the discussion has become nihilistic ranting about how “this fandom is awful now” or “bronies are horrible people”, while the other half has become people taking things too seriously and immaturely arguing with each other, ironically turning the thread into the very thing it’s supposed to be against. With the latter going on for the past several pages now, and being politically-charged at that, I have a feeling the thread’s going to get locked soon if I don’t do something about it. Therefore, I have added new rules to the original post. Please read them before you decide to post here. If you don’t follow the rules, I will report you to a staff member.
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@Zaknel @ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Perhaps it was an op from the RDN (no, the other RDN)’s master baiter contest or a channer. Since it’s a background pony beating a dead horse in both threads, it’s a 50/50 shot of it being an outsider to both boorus. The staff here have been known to tell off registered users who stir shit while using the BP checkbox before.
half the discussion has become nihilistic ranting about how “this fandom is awful now” or “bronies are horrible people”
The new rules against this should clean up this thread immensely. Yes, it’ll slow down activity here, but it’ll also mean that notifications about new posts in this thread will be for actual cringe (or drama, like there’s a difference anymore these days). Getting a notification for “this fandom has a serious gatekeeping problem” with no further links or citations wastes everyone’s attention. I wanted to popcorn-munch and/or rubberneck.
See you all when the next page of Fix is uploaded and attracts 200 comments within an hour.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@PoniesRUs
Ok, putting aside the fact that you randomly attacked me for whatever reason, you do realize that talking about the cringe within this fandom is bound to involve politics at some point, right?
It’s basically inescapable when it comes to this type of discussion, and what you’re doing here is basically just being a gatekeeper.
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@Penguin Dragneel
Gatekeeping is necessary to keep threads on-topic. Unlike the infinitely-nested threads of Reddit, linear topics on Philomena boorus (and classic phpBB forums) need to be tended so that responses to an off-hand comment (or troll) don’t choke out on-topic conversation.
Of course, politics are highly likely to appear in a thread about cringe. However, there is a major difference between posting a link in this thread captioned “hey look at this comic where the author goes on a rant that would make Ayn Rand proud” and a background pony then responding to that post with their claims of superhuman hearing that allow them to decode the dog whistles in that rant therefore making it more or less cringy than the OP claimed. The first scenario points out that a political screed in the middle of a clop comic is cringe AF without requiring you to read the screed, while the second is an attempt to litigate the cringiness based on the contents of the message and, as @Background Pony #4166 said, “is boring AF”.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
can we put the political talk to rest now please?
Going on for pages talking/arguing about politics is how the last brony cringe thread got locked and i don’t think people want a repeat.
We already have a politics thread if people want to talk about politics in the fandom
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@ichiban iceychan 1517
I always thought its lockdown had less to do with politics, and more the fact that the last few pages were just bashing Tara Strong.
Because personal opinions on her recent actions aside, it really had nothing to do with the thread as a whole.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
anyway to try and get their thread back on track…
i had to deal wiht a really annoying spammer on here a few days ago
some random BGP with a boot fetish just kept spamming a bunch of art people made that had characters wearing boots and refused to credit or source the pic, nor add in any artists tags
this also inclded my art
Withme being on the DNP list :/
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Non-Fungible Trixie -

IRL 🎠 stallion
@ichiban iceychan 1517
It’s not just your specific fetish with weirdos. In the realm of piss pics, you’ll find plenty of registered users begging the artist for diaper and fart edits. Unlike the hoof fetishists you encountered, none of them have yet taken the initiative to make their own unauthorized edits.
Background Pony #990D
Jesus I did not expect the thread to get a little crazy. Looks like it’s under control now.
@PUBLIQclopAccountant
Well you’re in luck, the most recent page had its comments section locked down!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Too often devolves into personal attacks on other users, instead of media personalities.