Cartoon/Western Animation General

Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs:  
So I noticed there is a show based on Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs on YTV and decided to look into it since I am a fan of the movies.  
The first Cloudy movie is one of my top 10 favorite non-Disney, non-Pixar, non-Dreamworks animated films along side movies like the first SpongeBob movie, the 2017 My Little Pony movie, the original Land Before Time, An American Tail, the Pagemaster and FernGully. I love the animation, the story is great, the characters are all entertaining, the visuals are creative and while some of the jokes can be hit or miss I think a lot of it is really funny. I also saw the movie in IMAX so it definitely enhanced the experience.

The second Cloudy movie is a bit underwhelming, there are a lot of things I still love about it like the animation is still great and I do love a lot of the designs for the food animals; Plus I’m a bit of a sucker for anything that reminds me of Ray Harryhausen. Unfortunately the characters aren’t as fun as before, the villain plot wasen’t really good, the jokes aren’t as funny, the cartooness can get a little repetitive and the technology in the film doesn’t really fit with the tone; it feels a bit more like watching the Star Wars prequels and less like watching King Kong/Jurassic Park which is what the advertising made it look more like (Even Sam is dressed to look like Ellie Sattler). It’s a shame it turned out the way it did cause I was really hyped to see that movie when it first came out.

As for the tv series, it’s pretty generic. I won’t criticize it for the animation since it is tv standards and plus the 2D style fits with the cartoony nature of the movies even though they are CGI; plus gotta give them credit for making it look similar to the end credits of the first film. Sadly the stories are not interesting or entertaining, the characters are exaggerated versions of their movie counterparts, and it doesn’t really keep continuity with the films. I would say it’s a prequel to the first movie but considering Sam is living in Swallow Falls and is friends with Flint clearly that is not the case. I feel like it could have been better if it took place after the second movie and they were living on the island to studied the food animals and even schooled some of them, but that’s just my opinion.

Anyways if you want to watch a good tv show based on a Sony Animation Pictures movie I suggest Hotel Transylvania the Series, I think that is a lot of fun to watch.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@icey wicey 1517  
Fair enough, yeah. I mean, Flame sued Katy Perry for “Dark Horse” barely sounding like his song, but that only happened because people actually care about Katy Perry.

But seriously, Johnny Test‘s theme is a complete ripoff of “American Idiot.” It’s actually uncanny.
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
He only won it because the Jury were filled with conservative morons who didn’t understand music theory to fully judge the case
Vivace
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@TheHappySpaceman  
That’s pretty apt because throughout the trial, there was zero question whether Mr. Scopes had been teaching evolution in violation of state/local law. He confessed as much.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide