Cartoon/Western Animation General

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@ShadowBolt Platinum  
Yeah, that was a good show. It wasn’t as vulgar as other adult shows, but had a few edgy moments. So it wasn’t too overdone.

Funny thing is Boomhaur’s voice was based on a guy whom actually called Mike Judge to complain about “Beavis & Butthead.”
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@ShadowBolt Platinum  
I also like how they never came off as self righteous as Simpsons or South Park when it comes to social commentary. KOTH came off as more neutral while South Park called you a moron if you disagreed with their centrist views
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Don’t  
I think Family Guy is a bit worse with it’s politics, and insulting the viewer’s intelligence if they don’t agree.  
Which is a shame, ’cause it used to make fun of everybody equally, and used to be less politically-preachy.

Ironically, “American Dad” was less biased, and Seth Macfarlane made that show out of anger of Bush Jr. getting elected.
TheDog
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Howdy 4 All
@Beau Skunky

Don’t forget hypocrisy. Such as trying to preach morals regarding homosexuals despite every gay character on the show being a lisping gay stereotype. And then there’s Dan Quagmire, Glenn Quagmire’s post-op trans mother and her treatment on the show.

Hell, the show trying to preach any kind of moral when the main characters include Peter Griffin, Lois Griffin, Brian Griffin, and Glenn Quagmire.
Cyborg_pony
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@WyrmSpawN  
That’s the biggest thing; They would never make a joke about Amber Heard, or any of the upper-class of Hollywood-

Like a joke about Brie Larson being made literally out of wood, the New Doctor Who’s mouth is always wide open until it hits the floor. Guarantee you if they did a Star Wars reference, Luke and Kylo would be bumbling idiots and Rey be perfect and all powerful. It’s just the same kind of garbage, you read in all the media. “You MUST like this, because we say so.” They won’t make fun of things Twitter will get mad about, you can tell.

I’ve seen the same thing I’ve see with a lot of reboots “Well, since it makes so many people butthurt, I like it.” They enjoy it out of spite. That doesn’t really tell me the show is good. It also just makes those people really loathsome and miserable sounding.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Cyborg_pony  
I admit, it does seem a tad biased. I kinda prefer it when both genders are treated equally in cartoonish satire. The original Animaniacs wasn’t afraid of doing that, they even had some females prone to cartoony injury, because back then things weren’t as overly sensitive as now.  
I don’t necessarily only blame the current showrunners, but just how society, the media, and social meda is now.  
Heck, Elmer Fudd can’t even have a gun, and go hunting for wabbits anymore, because apparently hunting, and gun ownership (even when responsible/careful/educated) is looked down upon nowadays, or they have to tone things down for the kiddies. (Of course, SpongeBob’s bare ass, or getting his flesh ripped off is perfectly “ok.”)

And honestly who’s against women voting in the 21st century anyway? Well, unless they’re republican. j/k  
I’m all for feminism, but lately it feels kinda forced, pandering, and shoved down our throats constantly in the media now, and because people feel that way, they get mistaken as sexist further fueling forced, rabid, or even fake feminism. So it’ll just keep getting worse.
ShadowBolt Platinum

Don't lose your way!
I also like whenever slapstick is used, it’s on both genders. CatDog was one of the shows that had slapstick with both genders, from what I remember.
Cyborg_pony

@Beau Skunky  
Isn’t that ironic?  
“That thing isn’t scary or dangerous, you need to learn more about it. By the way, ban the scary guns.”

Also; It was for vote for women. As in “Vote for them, because they have a vagina.” Nothing else about them mattered- But only certain ones, I’m sure.

@ShadowBolt Platinum  
Tiny Toons had Elmira blown up and pummeled a lot, seeing she was the Elmer Fudd of that show. Too bad she’s not coming back for the new one. Ironically, getting rid of one Cree Summers more popular role on that show.  
Just saying.

Not super Saiyan.

Just sayin’
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Vivace  
Probably, though I think she had her moments. I’d miss her.

@Cyborg_pony  
I think their message might’ve been intended as “we need more women/diversity in politics, or in the workplace,” which is understandable, but as you said, it kinda comes off as voting based solely on gender, and not on whether they’re qualified for the job, which has unfortunate implications… If a male voted for only males, regardless if he agrees with them, and only cares that they’re the same gender as himself, that’d be just as stupid/sexist.

And while I don’t consider Trump perfect, nor a saint, neither do I Hilary ”ban violent video games from California” Clinton, and I feel she deserves as much parody. Old Animaniacs, and Freakazoid poked fun at Bill, after all.
Cyborg_pony

@Beau Skunky  
The Trump jokes just seem old at this point. They’re just predictable and boring. “Ha. Ha. He’s orange and fat.” Real original material there.

@Dex Stewart  
How is he portrayed? From what we know now with Ole’ Bubba Bill there should be plenty to mock, but something tells me, they make him the Swave, sax player everyone saw him as in the 90’s.
Don't
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@Cyborg_pony  
Even back then it was easy to mock his Neoliberal ass

He’s the American Tony Blair, only that Americans still like him while Brits want to piss on Tony’s grave
Cyborg_pony

@Don’t  
I don’t remember him being made fun of that much. At least not like Bush who routinely made an idiot, probably the best trick he ever played since it gave him a way out of what he was doing, and now look at how a lot of them think about him. Some who called him the worst things now cheer him on. He probably laughs the hardest at all of those jokes about him being stupid.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Cyborg_pony  
Yeah, they really need to be more creative with caricatures. (Honestly, he looks more pink then orange to me.) It’s always the same “grumpy orange man” caricature over and over again. Even comical presidential caricatures from nearly a century ago were more varried.

@Dex Stewart  
Does he play the sax?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide