Cartoon/Western Animation General

Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

I still get the feeling the He-Man show isn’t going to be about He-Man for very long.

full

Call it a hunch…

I’d like to be wrong, but given everything else I’ve witnessed; The little about the show since announcement, the mini-meltdown by Kevin “Cries at everything” Smith over rumors which he’s been a rumormonger for years, the various screens of saying it’s a Teela’s journey to become Queen of Etneria. Hearing it’s going to be in two parts, it first half is bait and then they switch to a He-Man show without He-Man.

Why is Teela looking for the Power Sword? That’s one question. Why isn’t it Adam THE PRINCE reuniting the heroes, since they essentially serve under him/his father? It would makes sense if he was on a quest to find the Power Sword, but it seems it’s all up to her, as if the Sidelined. Also Evil-Lyn seen with Teela. FanFic 101: Enemies become friends. yeah. No thank you, Samuel. I’ve seen where that goes.

I’ve set expectations REAL LOW for this show and it really god damn sucks I feel like that is necessary in order to not feel comepleltly betrayed if it turns out I was lied to. I’m not watching the entire show, until it’s fully released. I’d like to be wrong, but I’m not to be that hopeful…
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Cyborg_pony  
That would explain this image.  
full  
I wouldn’t be opposed To it focusing on Teela. Not a fan of this look though. I’d hope she goes back to he classic design.  
I wonder who the black girl is.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@Dex Stewart  
I doubt that. They seem to have a problem with women, maybe Kevin doesn’t like a knowing Teela could have kicked his ass, so Kev said “Make her look buff, that way it’s not as embarrassing for me.” Probably, some have just straight admitting they just makes them male characters, because they don’t see women as being strong.

And again; Saying it’s a He-Man show, then to switch it to be about Teela Sounds kind of like a scam.

I wonder who the black girl is.

That would be Lieutenant Andra of the Eternia, featured in the comics.  
full

Popular enough to get her own figure though:

full

Boy. She sure looks… Different.
Dex Stewart
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Cyborg_pony  
I’d heard Andra was in the cast list,but Ileena was too. So I’m not sure if it’s one of them or someone new. If it is one of them I’d bet more on Andra since she’s never made an appearance in the show. Kinda weird,going that deep into the lore they probably could’ve found an actual black character.
Cyborg_pony

@Dex Stewart  
Well, she does seem to be a red head, and knowing Hollywood… They did the same thing in the Castlevania show which seems like such a comepleltly different character from the psychopath from Curse of Darkness. Would have been better to just make him a separate character, keep him a Devil forgemaster, didn’t make much sense there’s only two.

If people complain he dies because of continuity. One; he’s a Bad guy they tend to die in CV. Two; Isaac dies in Curse of Darkness, so… Don’t really matter, he kinda made a deal with the devil.
Cyborg_pony

“Don’t worry guys! Kevin Smith is a huge He-Man fan! He wouldn’-”

full

Smith should play Harvey Dent in the next Batman movie. He’d be a natural for the role.
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Background Human  
I thought Abrams did okay with Force Awakens. That movie kinda killed my interest in the sequel trilogy though.

Something I’d like to point out is that the Netflix She-ra crew didn’t know much about the original She-ra. They developed the stories and some characters first,then had consultants suggest what would fit. Possible reasons for including Mara and the Despondos dimension.
Cyborg_pony

@Dex Stewart  
Abrems has gone on to say he had no actual plan and just did New Hope again. You can tell that’s what they were going for and Mury announced Han was the father, but unlike Luke to try and attack the killer of her mentor; Runs away. What a tweest!

Ah yes, Consultants. The same that had the idea of sow if I may ask?
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Cyborg_pony  
Wasn’t that just Noelle Stevenson goofing around with stuff that rhymed with Bow? It wasn’t even for the show,it was just a joke or something. I doubt anyone other than herself had any input.  
full
Cyborg_pony

@Dex Stewart  
Weeeeeeell According to the podcast and her own words, she was talking with others and some member of the staff on Twitter said it wasn’t “the first time” she’d said something like that. What could that mean?! Who can say.

Knowing she has a toxic past of stirring the pot, it wouldn’t or isn’t surprising if she wasn’t making more connotations seeing some of the characters. A lot are like that, such as to fane caring just to get ahead. Leaving the ones they “care” about out in the cold. But, since they’re the upper-class, they’ll be defended for it since it’s easier to have blind loyalty, then peek behind that curtain.

Also, why do they all look exactly like Bow? What you sayin’ Noelle? Kinda sus.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide