Danganronpa Thread

pixel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I know I’m not the only one here into this series so I thought I’d make a thread.

I beat 2 a while back and am finally getting around to 100%ing it before moving onto V3.

I’m making this thread because someone took the title of one of Ibuki’s songs and turned it into a real song and I needed a place to post it.

Remember to use spoilers for spoilers (duh) and NSFW content.
pixel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

@SaturnCarArtz  
If you ever do get into it, judging by what I know about your taste in characters, there are a few I know you’ll like. But it’s impossible to talk about one without going into spoiler territory and it’s best to go in as unspoiled as possible.

Also I just realized yesterday was Hiyoko’s birthday and I totally forgot to wish her a happy birthday in this thread.

full

Coincidentally, however, I did do most of her free time events yesterday without realizing it was her birthday.
SaturnCarArtz
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Rarity Lover / Derpy Fan
@pixel  
As Rarity one said adding a smile afterward “No Spoilers!”  
What platforms are the games on?

Also, happy belated birthday to Hiyoko :)
pixel
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@NitroFury  
This pic made me look it up and realize the biggest chest size in the series is Hifumi Yamada. A victory for man boobs.

@SaturnCarArtz  
Well check them out sometime if you’re ever in the mood to solve some murders.
pixel
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@SaturnCarArtz  
idk how I’d feel about that. I kinda like to keep a low profile. But be sure to let me know if I can watch you play it. It’s fun to see people’s reactions to certain parts.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Here’s the thing as a male, I like Tenko, for her design, but what I don’t like about her is how poorly written her character is.
pixel
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@NitroFury  
I’ll let you know whether I agree with this or not when I actually move onto V3. It’s taken me longer to 100% 2 for reasons too long and boring to explain.

In the meantime, it’s Pi Day, the shared birthday of two of the biggest cinnamon rolls in DR.

full
pixel
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Finally started V3. All I’ve done so far has been the prologue.

The only spoiler I accidentally stumbled across was who dies first. Other than that, I’m pretty much going in blind.
pixel
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@NitroFury  
No argument here. Plus I remember wondering the same thing about wny the games aren’t on Switch. It kind of makes me wonder if they have a deal with Sony or something.

I see what you mean about Tenko now too. It’s like her entire characterization is misandry.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@pixel  
If you really think about it Tenko’s misandry is basically a joke. It wasn’t even because of some traumatic incident but simply some belief her monks taught her. But maybe that’s the point.

I think Tenko in the main story, her most important trait was not her misandry, but what it represents. Basically it show how she’s illogical and not bound by logic. Even if most reasonable people would have accused Himiko, she prefers to see the good side of people well in this case Himiko.

So basically, like Kaito, she represents the more optimistic even if kind of silly side of the team. Her absurd superstitious misandry is just a way of representing that.
pixel
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Kinda stopped reading after the first paragraph because I’m afraid of spoilers. :x

I just finished the second investigation. Taking a little break before doing the trial because they seem to get longer with each installment.

I knew it was only a matter of time before Ryoma died because if there’s anything that guarantees you’ll get killed in DR, it’s having a unique character design. I just hoped he’d stick around longer than he did.
pixel
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I finished V3’s story last night. Haven’t started the postgame yet though.

I managed to stumble across a major spoiler early on. Namely, the identity of the mastermind. Which makes sense why she tends to be so useless during trials and investigations and why she deliberately avoids sticking out too much.

I didn’t have the ending spoiled though.

I gotta admit, in the moment, I hated the ending. The big twist just seemed stupid to me. And to top it off, you could tell they knew people wouldn’t like it because of some of the in-game audience’s criticisms during the last Argument Armament.

Not to mention that it’s easy to misinterpret bits of the ending as a big middle finger to anyone who enjoyed the game. I understand that that’s not what they were going for, but it came across as a bit more mean-spirited to the player than I think they intended.

But the more I think about the ending, the more sense it makes. Especially since the parts that seemed most farfetched are probably Tsumugi lying or fabricating things. For example, the audition tapes are almost certainly her cosplaying.

I still would have preferred them to do things with some of the more interesting concepts presented rather than just throwing them away. The third case is the biggest example of it: you have a motive that would be interesting to see actually get used and the potential for there to be a murderer who isn’t the case’s blackened. Even the first case could have been more interesting had Kaede attempted to claim the first blood perk; it’d be interesting either way if they let her use it or if they use that moment to reveal she’s innocent, which could have made the first trial even crazier.
But overall, I still enjoyed the game. It probably had my favorite cast of the main games, so all the deaths stung that much more.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide