Disney General

Background Pony #0AB8
My goal is to see 365 different movies on Disney+ for my entire 33rd birthday (Nov. 10 2021-Nov. 9 2022). I’m starting on Walt Disney Animation Studios, then I’m moving on to Pixar, then the Marvel Cinematic Universe, then Star Wars, then non-MCU Marvel, DisneyToon Studios, and whatever after. I’ve even been keeping a log on Numbers. Today’s movie is “Fun and Fancy Free”.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
Looking back at the Kingdom Hearts series it sure is surprising to see just how many Disney products they managed to get into each of these games and how well they integrate them; and as someone who is a huge fan of both Disney and KH I decided to list off some of the Disney related stuff I would love to see in future installments and whatnot (I’m excluding Square stuff like Final Fantasy and The World Ends With You):
More from the world of Fantasia
(The Rite of Spring, Pomp and Circumstance, Firebird Suite, Etc.)
Fun & Fancy Free (mainly Mickey and the Beanstalk)
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (or at least the Headless Horseman as a boss)
The Sword in the Stone (Madame Mim as a boss)
The Jungle Book (apparently it was scrapped from BBS)
Robin Hood
The Black Cauldron (The Horned King as a boss)
The Great Mouse Detective
Treasure Planet
Wreck-It Ralph (yes I’m aware of Union X but I would still like a console version)
The Incredibles
WALL-E
Inside Out
Onward
Hocus Pocus (The Sanderson Sisters as bosses)
The Chronicles of Narnia
and Epic Mickey (Oswald the Rabbit as a keyblade wielder)
Background Pony #F9DE
Mickey: Nobody’s here.
Goofy: Ooh, who’s “nobody”?
Mickey: Well, you know, nobody!
Goofy: I know just about everybody, but I don’t know a “nobody”.
Mickey: No, there’s nobody here.
Goofy: But we’re here. Does that make us “nobody”?
Mickey: No, we’re somebody.
Goofy: Ah ha, so somebody is here!
Mickey: Yes!
Goofy: Then where are they, and why don’t they help us?
Mickey: We’re the somebody. Him, you, me…
Goofy: Well, then help me! See, our phone’s dead-
Mickey: No!
Goofy: Yes, it is. Don’t you remember?
Mickey: I can’t help you!
Goofy: Then what are you doing here?
Mickey: I’m trying to get some help!
Goofy: …hate to break it to ya Mickey, but somebody told me that there’s nobody here.
Mickey: But you- and I- and…oh, forget it!
Background Pony #DB93
When I joined the Disney Movie Club in 2015, these were the free five movies I ordered, all on Blu-Ray:
Toy Story 2 (1999)
The Incredibles (2004)
Alice in Wonderland (1951)
The Princess and the Frog (2009)
Brave (2012)
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Sata Andagi!
I finally got to watch Encanto after all this time

When I first saw the trailers I thought it looked like a very interesting idea, a family with magical abilities living in a house that is also alive and the one character going through a Cutie Mark Crusader ark of figuring out what her gift is.
Now that I’ve watched it I can definitely say it is a great movie one of the best ones Disney has released in years, it’s such a simple idea executed so nicely and honestly it seems like we get less of those kinds of movies nowadays. Everything has to be a big, epic adventure with high stakes and an evil villain and whatnot but you can make a good story focusing on smaller things which is what I actually liked about Pixar’s Luca.
Pretty much the whole film takes place in the magic house and while the house itself is so filled with personality each of the characters rooms are like it’s own dimension that reflects their personality, makes me think of Peach’s castle in a way. On top of that the characters are all unique, the story well told, the animation breath taking as always, and another teary-eyed film to add to Disney’s list (I won’t spoil the ending but I think it was a nice touch).
And also the music was great.
Background Pony #8BD0
My mom and our family’s hairstylist/friend just set up a GoFundMe to help me go to Disney World next year.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
New Lightyear trailer.
I dunno, it’s just not doing anything for me. It looks so dull. The humor isn’t clever. It’s still leagues better than the first trailer, which made this look like a complete slog.
At least there’s a kinda interesting story here this time.
It feels like a wasted opportunity to do a big movie version of the old Buzz Lightyear show. That had unique, likable characters and the potential for epic stories. This movie has “realism” and a grating cat robot.
Background Pony #8BD0
@Dex Stewart
I’ve heard it’s not really good. But for the sake of having the entire MCU movie library, I’ll have to grin-and-bear it when I marathon the whole series at a later point. Much like how my mom had to watch the entire MCU timeline before “Avengers: Endgame” came out.
For the record, she had to start with Captain America, then we went back to theaters for “Captain Marvel”.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!

They dropped a trailer for a new movie involving Chip N’ Dale’s Rescue Rangers and ho-boy is this a thing that exists.
I really have mixed feelings towards this cause on the one hand this sounds like a good idea for a story but to use a series as beloved as Rescue Rangers seems a bit off. This whole concept feels like a sketch that Doug Walker would make for one of his Nostalgia Critic videos (and I don’t mean that in a good way)
The animation on the hand drawn characters looking the same as that new Tom & Jerry movie which unfortunately does not look good sadly and then to try and make fun of how modern movies and shows convert over to CGi which I’m not against but there are still pros and cons to how it’s used.
I’ll probably check it out when it comes out, but I’m mostly gonna remain skeptical until then.
@Background Pony #8BD0
Oh yes gotta love that 2 second reference to FiM that was shown, and honestly she just looks like someone’s OC they pulled off here like Epona or that Jappleack from MADtv’s parody
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide