Disney General

Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
Something interesting I always thought about was just how famous Pinocchio had become just from the famous scene of him lying and his nose growing
I mean the story of Pinocchio is such a timeless tale with so much adventure and world building, plus the idea of a puppet magically given life is as Disney as you can imagine, so it’s just funny that one thing that happened once in the entire film is pretty much all we ever associated with him; even Disney themselves focus on it alot
Now I haven’t read the original Pinocchio book so I don’t actually know if this was a common thing for him and the Disney version condensed it just for one scene, which I might point out I always thought was just done on purpose by the Blue Fairy since Pinocchio is trapped in a cage and she wanted to see if he would tell the truth thus enchanting his nose if he lied. I only bring it up cause if you watch the rest of the movie you’ll notice he doesn’t say anymore lies thus we never see his nose grow again.
Anyway just something I always thought about because if there’s anything I’m gonna remember after watching that movie it’s things like Lampwick turning into a donkey or just Monstro himself.
(Also looking forward to seeing the live action release soon)
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@SleepySteve
Hmmm. What if Toy Story 1 were in the Criterion collection? Would that be deserving?
While I haven’t watched either. It seems like that’s an unfair comparison. Jimmy Neutron was probably meant to be a fun entertaining little movie whereas Wall-E was meant to be something bigger.
Do you think Wall-E is an average movie or something?
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
Well I finally watched the Pinocchio remake, and unfortunately I have mixed feelings towards this one.
I try to give these remakes the benefit of the doubt, I understand peoples complaints towards them being pointless in their existence (not that it’s gonna change anything honestly) but I like to see different interpretations of stories we are familiar with especially if it can be done well and be meaningful which is why I watch them first then judge after, and out of all the remakes I’ve seen the only ones I truely hated were Maleficent, The Lion King, and Mulan so personally I don’t see a lot of them as awful.
Now when it was announced there would be a live action Pinocchio, I got excited since that is one of my top favorite Disney films of all time and hopefully like The Jungle Book it would on par with the original.
Well there are somethings I liked that were an improvement over the original, but sadly this is one of those cases where the remake just couldn’t compete.
The things I liked about the film were most of the cast, Pinocchio was good and did well capturing the original, Tom Hanks as Geppetto was good, Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Jiminy Cricket I liked, Keegan Michael Key as Honest John I really liked and wished he was in it more, and the puppeteer woman with the ballerina marionette I didn’t mind and her relationship with Pinocchio was kinda cute.
There were things in the story that were added that I liked, such as Geppetto having a son who he lost so the wooden puppet was made as a means for comfort, he also doesn’t send Pinocchio to school immediately the next day but rather home schooled him for a while before finally letting him, and also adding in an explanation for why he went out at sea searching for him.
There’s also some little moments I liked such as Geppetto’s clocks being based off of various Disney characters, and when Pinocchio gets donkey ears and a tail they actually look like they’re made of wood and built to be apart of him.
With that said the rest of the movie I have problems with, like the story adding in too much filler to the story needlessly dragging out the runtime, a lot of the characters are not as good as the original and the new characters added in (like the talking seagull) I found to not be good or entertaining, music numbers are okay and I’m glad they brought back most of them but the new ones aren’t very good and feel unnecessary, special effects look fine but could have been a lot better and maybe not rely too heavily on the CGI for a lot of it, and then there are a few minor things I felt were not needed (Like Pinocchio needing to examine horse feces).
I will say what they did with Monstro the whale is both kinda cool but baffling beyond belief where they decided to give him monster tentacles like he’s Cthulhu or something.
And finally there’s the ending ||in which they left it sorta open ended in case they try to make a sequel, so in other words Pinocchio doesn’t actually become a real boy at the end which kinda defeats the purpose of this movie’s existence. ||
My final vertic: 5/10, watch the original instead.
ElderD
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@Dr_Osaka
I didn’t see th movie, but I did see the trailer. When I saw Monstro, I was like wait, that’s not a whale. Which kind of bummed me out.
I get that the popular opinion of whales is much more positive than it was eighty years ago. But they could have based him on something like Livyatan melvelli, The nine million year old cousin of the sperm whale that hunted other whales, which Monstro honestly bears more similarity to than a modern sperm whale.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Half Kitsune
Next episodes of Spidey and his Amazing Friends:
September 30, 2022
  • Li’l Hulk: Team Spidey has their hands full when Gobby’s new invention turns Hulk into a baby!
  • Surprise Party Surprise: Peter and Miles try to throw Gwen a surprise party, but a stream of villains complicate things.
October 14, 2022
  • Can’t Stop Dancing!: Team Spidey must help the Avengers after they get zapped by Gobby’s dancing ray.
  • The Ant Thief: Miles and Gwen help Ant-Man and Wasp after ants mysteriously begin stealing things from the museum.
October 21, 2022
  • Sand Trapped: Team Spidey gets trapped in Sandman’s maze!
  • Too Much Fun: When Electro supercharges the amusement park, Team Spidey must stop her and bring back the fun, safely.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
When I was a kid I used to think Brave was a Disney movie not a Pixar movie (yeah I know Pixar belongs to Disney, but I think one can tell the difference between Toy Story and Lion King).
It seems like Pixar is supposed to be more realistic and relatable. Whereas Disney is more other worldly and mystical.
Then I realized there were no characters singing. That was the real sign.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide