Dungeons and Dragons

Generals » Dungeons and Dragons Search Posts

Poll results: Best Edition? This includes stuff like 3.5 for 3e and 2nd Advanced for 2e and the like.

5e
41.67% 5 votes
3e
33.33% 4 votes
1e
16.67% 2 votes
2e
8.33% 1 vote
4e
0.00% 0 votes

Poll ended with 12 votes.

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
Unpopular Opinion: Alignments in D&D aren’t a bad thing. The problem is that players and DMs seem to think that characters need to be the stereotype for each alignment and that just one action that isn’t 100% aligned to it means you are no longer of that alignment. It’s like saying that 3.5 bards and barbarians aren’t allowed to follow the law because they have to be chaotic.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Meanlucario
This. For alignment to work, the following needs to be accepted:
  • Characters can take actions outside of their alignment
  • Actions speak louder than words. A “Lawful” character can commit non-lawful acts, but only under extraordinary circumstances. If they readily commit non-lawful acts, they’re probably not Lawful.
  • Alignment is only useful in the context of a story. The stereotypical “loose cannon cop” is Chaotic Good. Their good alignment is what drives them to join the force in the first place. However, their chaotic alignment is what ultimately leads to the “I need your gun and your badge” scene, and to them taking matters into their own hands. Either they get re-hired as “the loose cannon that gets results”, which validates the Chaotic Good alignment. Or, they realize that their true calling is being a private investigator.
  • If you try to apply alignment outside the context of a story, you run into the problem that any meaningful insight alignment coult provide is lost in the haze of day-to-day life:
  • Often times, a character only has their alignment because of plot armour. Dr. House is Chaotic Good, but only because he ends up being right most of the time. In a more realistic story, he would be Chaotic Neutral, and lose his medical license.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
Lolth’s 1e design:
@DerpyFast
I think it can apply outside of the story, but to a much lesser degree. LG people would try to do LG actions if it doesn’t take away too much from them, and the same with the other alignments.
On a similar not, I don’t see creatures being born with an alignment is a bad thing. Devils are born LE, demons CE, archons are LG, and so on. That never prevented them from changing, though. Erinyes are angels who decided to become devils, and succubi were angelic messengers of love until they decided to join Asmodeus while he pretended to be an angel and convinced them that rebelling was the only way to spread their messages of love further than they were allowed (and even as succubi, they can return to being the messengers of the gods after repenting in full, though they keep their succubi appearance). Even than, they have a demon prince of the succubi named Malcanthet, so they aren’t even limited to being lawful.
Background Pony #6ABB
I’m PRETTY sure my dad was into DnD in college, but I couldn’t really ask him directly.
Background Pony #6ABB
The reason I couldn’t ask him is because he ditched our family 14 years ago.
Background Pony #7E69
Any good DnD sessions on Youtube to watch? I want to see how DnD is played.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide