General Anime Thread

Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
I’ve been looking for a new anime to watch involving a tsundere. How come nobody recommended to me Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase? It’s really good.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I haven’t seen it, but I believe he’s like weird us. Kind of like the protagonist of Rent a Girlfriend if he was actually well-written. Course, I may just be speaking from my ass, but that’s the impression I get.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Why is it of all the characters in Attack on Titan, the one I’m most captivated by is fucking Gabi? She was only introduced in the second to last season, and she’s arguably the one I care the most about. I want to see her be happy and not a brainwashed racist.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Was Inuyasha a isekai?
Was Digimon isekai?
Escaflowne?

Did I actually watch non-reincarnation isekai anime series years ago?
Nice.
Hali the Emoji girl
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Goth Cinnamon Roll
It’s because she’s just a kid influenced by her society to hate her own people and not see them as “good eldians” like herself and she gets her worldview challenged when she meets Sasha’s sister, which makes her a interesting and compelling character and she’s a parallel to eren when he was younger also she’s adorable as hell.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@tehwatever
Some digimon series are isekai. Thats when a person from a relatively normal world goes to an alien one right?
The original had a group of kids spend nearly the whole show in another world, the second they went back and forth, third had the digimon come to the real world for most of it, fourth was back to the digiworld, fifth was about half of each. Sixth/seventh/whatever Xros Wars/Fusion spent most of their time in the digiworld, then the last part was mostly in the real world. Tri sucked and i don’t want to talk about it. Universe Appmon was back and forth I think? I cant remember much of that one. 2020 was nearly all in the digiworld once they got there, wasn’t it? I haven’t seen the newest one yet.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I want to be known as a male light novelist who writes well-written female characters, makes the tsundere archetype more popular, and makes homosexuality and transgender people more acceptable within society.
I want to bring change with my writings.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Best written shounen villain to me STILL Meruem-Sama.
Mans was literally born perfect, to rule over others be it by brute force or superior intellect. He was for all intent and purposes, the one above all. His mother died with the wish that he would be king of all things, and had high hopes for him.
Mans later died believing his mom was prolly wrong, and that he was born solely for the moment right prior to his death when he played board game with a blind village girl in some dank basement.
He found contentment and sense of true fulfillment in the most mundane of things, discarded all pretense of royalty and status and power, and died soon after.
The real tragedy however, is that Meruem legit TRULY could have been the best solution mankind’s ever gotten. He already had the makings of a benevolent near omnipotent and omniscient true empath who actually DOES listen to advice and reason.
He’s perfect. We all know perfection is the bane of all good stories. Understandably he must be written off.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Once in a blue moon, you hear a tale of old.
About a nasty person who had a heart of gold.
But don’t let the story fool you; it may seem quite too rich.
If the person is a tsundere, they’re probably a bitch.
I went to my high school, and what did I see?
A girl with twintails, black thigh highs, and a skirt above her knees.
But upon closer inspection, that scowl was not half hitched.
They sit next to me in homeroom; staring at me with hate in their eyes.
The vitriol was so transparent I thought I’d meet my demise.
At first, I thought she loved me, but then she became a snitch.
I invited her to my house on one hot summer day.
It was getting very humid, so I bought her a sorbet.
But then she dumped it on my head and threw me in a ditch.
Finally, I asked her out one day, wanting to take my chance.
I was getting really impatient, wanting to take her to the dance.
But then she showed me her boyfriend, who threw me down a well.
Now I’m hoping both those fuckers go ahead and burn in hell.
So let this be a lesson; a warning, if you will.
If there’s a person who seems to hate you, then they probably fit the bill.
You can’t buy affection, even if you’re filthy rich.
Yes, they’re probably a biiiiiiiiiiiiitch.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@igotnopicks
Yeah, but that’s putting it lightly. Togashi really wanted to hammer down on that aspect by using a lot of contrasts, parallels and opposites.
Meruem and Gon had parellel but opposite trajectory for example. Meruem discarded his future to become as human as a mutant ant king could have been, and was content to die in relative peace, ignoring his mother’s wishes. Gon discarded his future to become as monstrous as he could have been, and was ready to die in combat to avenge his father figure.
Meruem repeated himself multiple times at the end of his life, when he had no such patience before. Meruem begged and was ready to accept that something could be outside of his reach and refusing to take it with violence, when he would kill an innocent child because he was hungry or take anything at whim.
“May you find him (your true king), and if possible, I hope you could live on as a human.” was his final word as King of Ant, as he abandoned his destiny in search for the blind girl so he could play board game (and finally die) with her.
He may just be a one-time villain but BOY is he a good one.
Edit: He didn’t just become more sympathetic. Togashi probably made him main character at some point.
igotnopicks
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@tehwatever
Maybe it’s just him as a writer because he was like that in Yu Yu Hakusho. Not just with the main character but with the villains as well especially in the dark tournament arc.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide