Gun Discussion

Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
The one you quick-draw dry-fired every morning before work a la Elisjsha Dicken (the guy who shot Greenwood Park Mall shooter), and you too can hopefully get 8 out of 10 shots on target at 40 yards (which is amazing for a tilting-barrel pistol). “Which gun is better at ‘x’” is largely a meme since it’s often a [snake oil] substitute for good training and practice.
Anyhow, I was recently made aware of a cool new project from AWCY? Weight-Forward Designs Defence Distributed Deterrence Dispensed some guy online: The Roller-delayed Belt-fed Carbine - 9mm, or RBC-9 for short.
The fact that this is moderately workable and in beta is crazy, because both the roller-delayed action and the belt-feeding mechanism aren’t exactly easy to replicate in a traditional machine shop, let alone on a 3D-printer. Though the barrel is from an AR-9, there’s no reason it can’t be ECM’d like the FGC-9 and its derivatives. Want an idea of how crazy that someone got this working in the 3D-printed gun space, go look up any video by Ian McCollum on belt-fed LMGs or anything roller-delayed.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
I know that sometimes Cops have Shotguns and Rifles stored in their cruisers in case a situation gets way too intense for a 9mm alone to handle but what about attachments that turn their little peashooter into a carbine?
Background Pony #5252
@CaptainXtra
Attachments don’t change the round. Sure, longer barrel gives slightly more velocity, but that’s it.
Small intermediate cartridge carbines are already not much bigger than PCCs/SMGs, while providing more firepower. This is a reason why there’s a trend of SWAT/police forces abandoning SMGs. For example, German police wants to replace the MP5 (9x19mm) with HK437 (.300 Blackout aka 7.62x32mm).
HK437 looks like this:
large
Size comparison with an MP5, both suppressed and stock collapsed/folded:
large
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
I will at least give them credit for going with 300 blk instead of a 5.56mm meme carbine, since the latter often leads to guns with less muzzle energy than 9mm para out of a similar-length barrel, lol.
Background Pony #5252
@Ebalosus
Yeah, I don’t get 556 out of 10-inch barrels. Especially when people put huge ass muzzle brakes on them and go to the range.
Background Pony #AA1F
Just wondering…
Are pistols as precise for longer ranges as rifles?
In regards to personal defense, which one is better? (Excluding of course the portability). Like, if someone suddenly brought an AK-47 and tried to shoot people, what gun you’d be more preferable having?
And is this good for that matter?

(Asking because Gun Jesus’s memes of the folding shotgun that fits in a pistol holster)
Background Pony #5252
Are pistols as precise for longer ranges as rifles?
No, having a third point of contact with the body (the buttstock) really helps increase stability, which in turn increases precision.
In regards to personal defense, which one is better? (Excluding of course the portability). Like, if someone suddenly brought an AK-47 and tried to shoot people, what gun you’d be more preferable having?
If you are about to enter a gunfight and you can pick between a pistol and a rifle, the rifle is way better. (Assuming you are equally proficient with both, there are no unusual conditions, etc.)
And is this good for that matter?
No idea, I have no experience with fancy folding ARs.
memes of the folding shotgun that fits in a pistol holster
These are only memes, like conceal carrying a shotgun in a pant leg. Carrying a long gun in a holster is going to be very cumbersome even if it’s foldable.
Background Pony #AA1F
large
large
And what you’d think about this? What opinion you can give?
I mean I know in the US you have to do all the paperwork for manufacturing a SBR and all that, but I think it’d help in regards to self defence.
(I mean more stocks for pistols in general but that’s a FAB Defense GLR 17)
And yeh I understand it’s a meme, it actually made me laugh my arse off, but I mean it as one of the reasons I’m asking
Background Pony #5252
@Background Pony #AA1F
Well, pistol with a stock is certainly more stable than without one, but it’s also more unwieldy in day-to-day activities. IDK who would be the customer for such a thing, perhaps people in countries that ban long guns.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
At what point does a Pistol just turn into an SMG?
Cuz Machine Pistols really muddy the classification waters:
I don’t think that stocks are enough to determine that shit.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide