Gun Discussion

lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
So I guess Biddie is still hell bent on that gun tax. He can take all of his control ideas and shove them back where they came from.
Background Pony #5252
@Dex Stewart  
I think it was, at the time. Not 100% sure though. Certainly nowadays you have various novelty overpowered handguns available that are more powerful.
Background Pony #DFEF
@Background Pony #AA1F  
I don’t have a crystal ball but I read a lot of history. Governments that fail to hold up their end of the social contract tend to lose legitimacy in the eyes of the public, and that leads to a government that fails and falls, historically speaking. In failing democracies, obvious and ham-handed election fraud is a symptom of this. Historically speaking, that is.
Background Pony #DFEF
@Goku Black  
Good. I sometimes think of retiring to Utah, or maybe Idaho, Wyoming, or Montana, or the Dakotas. I have nothing against the South, but I don’t like humidity or fire ants.
Background Pony #DFEF
Does anyone have any idea how much gas pressure is required to operate an AR15 type rifle? I was able to find articles referencing old Army documents saying one spec for ammo is that it is to produce 12,500 PSI at the gas port in a rifle-length gas system. I’ve been reading some articles about reduced-power training and plinking loads in .223/5.56mm with heavy for caliber cast bullets and 2400 powder, and when I plug the numbers into Quickload I get predictions of 9K to 10K PSI at the gas-port of a mid-length. I know the AK and SKS tolerate ammo going down to 6-7K PSI, maybe lower, but those are piston systems that are arguably ridiculously overgassed.

Oh well. The upper’s a Palmetto State Armory middy with nitrided barrel. It’s probably ridiculously overgassed too.
Zerowinger
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

3-3/4" Army Man Fan
@Dex Stewart  
I mean, from the screen caps it looks real enough (hammer is cocked back), though I can’t really tell what exact model it is. Probably some basic Smith and Wesson or Taurus the showrunners rented out from an armory prop rental company.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
fullfull  
So it’s one of these?  
Too bad realistic guns aren’t allowed more often in the show,I like learning about them.  
fullfull  
The comic book has some interesting looking weaponry that takes some influence from reality.
RustleRustle
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

Battybattybattybatty-
@office mare  
Unicorns would probably have an okay time, so long as they TK the proper points of contact. Otherwise, I’m pretty sure the only guns ponies would be able to use would be some magic-fueled laser gimbals, kinda like what the ponies in this pic have mounted on their chestplates.

The idea’s pretty interesting, honestly. I’d imagine horse warfare - proper warfare, not the silliness in Over a Barrel - would be built entirely around holding defensive positions and slowly building up defenses until they roll over the enemy, due to the fact that earlier magic-based weaponry probably wouldn’t be able to track what the operator’s looking at, and as such, they’d be stuck in a fixed position like some self-propelled guns in real life. And, well, you know how SPGs are used in pretty much any WW2 film.

TL;DR Unicorns are a yes, pegasi a maybe depending on how strong their feathers are, and earfies are a hard no outside of ‘stick these to the sides of your body, orient yourself toward the enemy, then chomp the bit to make the bad guys go away’.
Background Pony #AA1F
Probably doesn’t go here but… somebody knows what the L means in the following cannon names?

2 cm KwK 30 L/55  
3.7 cm KwK 36 L/45  
5 cm KwK 39 L/60  
7.5 cm KwK 42 L/70  
8.8 cm KwK 36 L/56
Zerowinger
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

3-3/4" Army Man Fan
Barrel length in caliber, I believe. It’s the length from the breech to the muzzle divided by the barrel diameter. So for example, the 2 cm KwK L/55 has a barrel length of 110 cm (2 x 55= 110).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide