Gun Discussion

Background Pony #5252
@CaptainXtra
Kel-Tec Sub2000 is not a pistol. It’s “pistol caliber”, meaning it shoots pistol ammo. But it’s a carbine/rifle.
Some rifles are categorized as pistols by US law, but I refuse to call them pistols just because they lack stocks.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Kinda funny how Shotgun is just its own category, as in these two aren’t really classified as different types of guns:
A Shotgun is a Shotgun, be it a Small Sized Shorty or a Long-Gun only having differing rates of fire and types of reloading.
Background Pony #5252
@Goku Black
I really don’t like the amount of data and metadata that companies and governments have about people. It’s disempowering and dangerous. Of course this applies to all aspects of life, not only guns.
> be a registered gun owner
> Russia invades your country
> you get executed just in case you wanted to start a resistance movement
Same for registered radio and perhaps even drone operators.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
So if a Pistol being pretty lengthy makes it a Rifle then wouldn’t this thing classify as a Cannon?
GUN CLASSIFICATION IS WEIRD MAN…
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
What’s a situation where Dual Wielding Handguns would actually provide a great benefit/advantage?
And I do mean Handguns only since Dual SMG’s would be way too recoil heavy for anyone not in Juggernaut armor.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
You can blame the NFA for that.
It doesn’t. If you need more dakka, get a gun that can provide more dakka, not a sidearm that’s ostensibly meant to be a backup gun. It reminds me of that stupid retort against 3D-printed guns: “They don’t last long enough!” If you need more than ten standard-capacity magazines worth of smooth operation (which most of the popular models like the FGC-9, Mod9, Cobra9, KF9, Plastikov, and Amigo Grande can easily manage), then a gun really isn’t the solution to whatever ails you.
Posted Report
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
Bullet is the term for standard Pistol and Rifle rounds:
Shells and Slugs are the terms for Shotgun ammo types:
Is there any type of non-explosive Firearm that doesn’t use any of these ammo types and has it’s own unique type of rounds and ammo types?
Aside from any kind of less/non-lethal firearm.
Posted Report
Background Pony #5252
@CaptainXtra
Bullet is not a round. Bullet is a part of a round, the part that flies out of a barrel - a projectile. Same for slugs - they are projectiles and can be found inside shotgun shells. Usually people simply say “slug” instead of using long-winded phrases like “slug shell” or “shotgun shell with a slug in it”, but technically this is incorrect.
Aside from typical ammo with bullets, slugs and shot, there are “crossovers”. E.g. ratshot rounds for rifled firearms, or adapters which allow firing rifle/pistol rounds from shotguns.
More atypical ammo exists, but is rare. Examples include flechettes and sub-caliber SLAP rounds. Frangible rounds also exist, but they are more variants of bullets/slugs/shot rather than entirely new types of projectiles.
At the end of the day, all of them are pieces of metal fired from a barrel to make holes in things. If you exclude explosives and less/non-lethal ammo, there isn’t much variety.
Posted Report
Background Pony #5252
I wonder if that same dumb system would see this thing as a manual Mini-Gun:
No, because in US law, there is no concept of a minigun.
Holy shit, Gun Classification really is idiotic.
Fun fact: gun laws in other countries are also stupid, but each of them is stupid in its own way.
Posted Report
FliegerFaustToP47
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Laß mich sterben
I doubt that much. I mean, comparatively speaking when you put it next to an assault rifle or something heavier. It’s just a machine pistol, a pistol-caliber thing that shoots stuff fast, not like a battle rifle or something. What makes me wonder is how the gun can cycle if his fat belly is blocking the slide…
Oh wait, it’s like if he had the pistol just right to let the gun cycle. Ah, move on xD
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide