Viewing last 25 versions of post by Prof.NightJack in topic Mario Discussion

Prof.NightJack
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Gizmonics Scientist
"[@archestereo":](/dis/mario-discussion/post/1905960#post_1905960
)  
They still change things up to where it's really not "superficial rehashes" like you say.

One can build on the old and still make a good game, hell they change things up more then CoD does for most of it's games.

Hell changing thing too much is actually a problem with the Sonic games, they Mario games ARE Mario games as they keep the core gameplay.

>The ever-rising mountain of wholly arbitrary and completely accessory spin-off titles

Oh yes, the spin-off, even the one that are not a rehashes because they do not have the same gameplay, ya they are rehashes.

"

[
@Jades":](/dis/mario-discussion/post/1906051#post_1906051
)  
I've said this a number of time, some do not care for the collect-a-thon style that forces you to replay levels over and over, so that is not understand why people like it to play them as it's back to the old style of going from level to level.

I've always said the only thing I really hated about SM64, SMSS, and so one was they force you out after ever star/shine that it;s stupid, I liked Banjo-Kazooie so much more as you could do a lot in a world before you had to leave.
No reason given
Edited by Prof.NightJack
Prof.NightJack
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Gizmonics Scientist
"@archestereo":/dis/mario-discussion/post/1905960#post_1905960
They still change things up to where it's really not "superficial rehashes" like you say.
One can build on the old and still make a good game, hell they change things up more then CoD does for most of it's games.

>The ever-rising mountain of wholly arbitrary and completely accessory spin-off titles
Oh yes, the spin-off, even the one that are not a rehashes because they do not have the same gameplay, ya they are rehashes.

"@Jades":/dis/mario-discussion/post/1906051#post_1906051
I've said this a number of time, some do not care for the collect-a-thon style that forces you to replay levels over and over, so that is not understand why people like it to play them as it's back to the old style of going from level to level.
I've always said the only thing I really hated about SM64, SMSS, and so one was they force you out after ever star/shine that it;s stupid, I liked Banjo-Kazooie so much more as you could do a lot in a world before you had to leave.
No reason given
Edited by Prof.NightJack