Mario Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
Yeah, judging by the trailer it looks like it, and Apparently, Bowser & Junior are teaming up with Mario.

Also, this game seems a bit darker, kinda like “Thousand Year Door.” That phony origami Princess Peach was kinda creepy in the trailer.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
Me too. Though, it’s a shame some are still writing it off as “another mediocre PM,” or bashing it without seeing the trailer, because of the stigma the PM series has now…

Which I don’t get, because even those whom played “Color Splash” on WiiU, said the game was better then the 3DS game, and an improvement, so it’s not like the PM series has been “constantly going downhill.” Even “Sticker Star” had high star scores on the Eshop, so some must’ve liked it, despite it’s flaws. I remember fans used to hate on “Super Paper Mario” too, but now many are admitting it’s a good game, and it’s story was good.

Not to mention, the original N64 PM game, used to get hate before it came out for being a “cutesy 2D-style game,” during a time when polygons were all the rage.  
So frankly, the PM series has always had a rocky history, but most of the games are vindicated by history. “Thousand Year Door” seems to be the only one that was popular upon release, but even it had some flaws too.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
I want to be excited for Paper Mario: The Origami King but from the whole “Look! We’re PAPER! WHOOOOOA!” element, it feels like its gonna be Sticker Star 3.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Red-Supernova  
In fairness, “Thousand Year Door” kinda already regarded the characters as paper like with Mario’s transformations, and even the original Paper Mario had some paper visual gags, like when a bridge is being built, or Mario falling into the Koopa Brothers trap. So honestly, that’s not something only the later games regard, nor invented.  
So it’s kinda unfair to write off the game as “Sticker Star 3.”

Not to mention, Super Paper Mario revealing how 2D objects & backgrounds look when viewed from the side.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Beau Skunky  
I remember the first three games having their share of paper gags but when Sticker Star came along, it was very excessive. Probably due to Miyamoto’s “Paper Mario is fine without a story” suggestion. (I’m probably completely wrong on that last part but it just feels like ever since Sticker Star went by that philosophy, we’ll never get a Paper Mario game like the first three ever again.)
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Red-Supernova  
I dunno, it looks like they might have some more RPG-ish elements this time around, and some similarities, as well. For example, allies are back, (with Bowser being one like SPM) and we have a new villain. So that’s some things like the original PM trilogy.

Also, that wasn’t just Miyamoto’s fault, as the developers at Intelligent Systems admit they kinda went overboard with that suggestion, (or took it too literally) and because the Club Nintendo surveys at the time were Nintendo’s only feedback from fans, and apparently not many praised Super Paper Mario’s story in the surveys. (Though, that might just be because fans cared more about their points for prizes, then giving feedback on their games.)

Judging from the trailer, it looks like there will be more story though.
Red-Supernova
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Passionate opinionator
@Beau Skunky  
So if Intelligent Systems realized it was their mistake based on those unreliable Club Nintendo surveys, then why haven’t they gone back to the original PM trilogy’s style?

Story is good but I also want the traditional RPG stat building to be back too. Such as experience points to build up my HP, FP and strength.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Red-Supernova

We might have that. If nothing else, what we’ve seen of the battle system seems to indicate it’s closer to the original games (no more consumable jumps and hammers).
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Red-Supernova  
Actually, the EXP point system never built up your strength in the first games, (you needed badges to do that) and the stat system always was more simplified then most RPGs.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Every Nintendo franchise should have a Paper spin-off series.

Paper Metroid.

Paper Zelda.

Paper Pokemon.
Background Pony #41E4
On the subject of metroid, I loved that scene at the end of the trailer with Mario wearing the samus helmet pretending to shoot at things while the bob-omb and the partner were just confused.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide