Mario Discussion

Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Beau Skunky  
I remember playing Mario Kart Wii with others at the time and I don’t know if I was out of practice but Wii Rainbow Road was an unforgiving bastard. I did fall so much that I did end up getting last place as the game timed me out as if it was saying “No, no, stop. You’re clearly too shitty to drive on this track. Its embarrassing to watch.”
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
MK7 is one of the best Rainbow Roads along with N64 Rainbow Road and MK8.

Those are probably my favorites. I like the GBA & original SNES ones too though, despite how “outdated” the flat Mode-7 effect is. (I oddly have nostalgia over Mode-7 though having grown up in the SNES era.)

Sense GBA “Super Circuit” was developed partly by Intelligent Systems, they actually had a Paper Mario easter egg in GBA Rainbow Road of Bowser’s skybound castle.
Background Pony #4CB8
Nobody points out that even with his over 30 years of existence Mario still manages to be among the best games. It says a lot considering that after Pac-Man is the oldest video game character ever.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #4CB8  
In a year, it’ll be 40 years!

And before anyone tries to correct me stating, “Mario wasn’t in 1981 Donkey Kong, it was Jumpman!”  
Let me stess, regardless what some Youtubers say, Jumpman IS Mario. He’s even called “Mario” in-game in the arcade sequel DK Jr., and the NES remake of DK’s instruction manual calls him “Mario.”  
Furthermore, Miyamoto & the Smash Bros. series even refer to DK as Mario’s debut game, and one of Mario’s SSB taunts references DK.  
How much more proof do people need to understand “Jumpman” is not a separate/prototypical character, but just a prototype name. (That wasn’t even uttered in-game, nor on the arcade cabinet, so you could still call him “Mario,” and not contradict the game.)

Going back even further “Jumpman” wasn’t even Mario’s original name, but Miyamoto said he considered “Mr. Video” originally.
user4897
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

N64 Rainbow Road of 8 should have kept the 3 lap format and a different music for the final lap

Also, I would love to see future Mario Karts to have a different music for the final lap and not a sped up version, like Urchin Underpass and Big Blue
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@igotnopicks  
Eh, forget you, I liked that cornball classic. :P

If people are allowed to enjoy “Plan 9 From Outter Space,” I can still love the SMB movie. Everybody do the dinosaur!

@northern haste  
John Leguizamo during the movie’s anniversary did a video chat conference, and showed he still has that action figure, remarking it’s his head on Vin Diesel’s body. Despite all the rumors that he “hated the movie” he acted like he actually enjoyed it, and shared fond memories of it, and is happy the movie has a cult fanbase. (Yes, it does, despite what the internet says. Even James Rolf admitted he likes the movie, despite his AVGN character always calling it “sh*tty,” and giving it a satirical negative review.)
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Yeah, Bob Hoskins (RIP) was shown briefly in a behind-the-scenes interview talking alright about the movie, with a smile on his face.

Later he famously called it the “worst thing he ever did,” but not because he felt the movie was “bad,” but because the 2 directors, (Rocky Morton, and Anabel Jankel) were “effing idiots” according to him, “their egos were mistaken for talent,” and they made the movie a chore.  
He said they got so out of line at one point, that their own agent told them to get off the set. Now that’s pretty bad when the directors are told to GTFO.
northern haste
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky  
According to did you know movies during filming Hoskins was electrocuted, stabbed multiple times, broke his hand and almost drowned.  
Although to be fair worst things have happen on a set movie.  
there’s also the fact that the script they signed on for wasn’t even the one they were using when they actually started filming they couldn’t even be bothered to memorize the line because they knew they would get some new ones the next day
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
I remember that. Understandably why he didn’t enjoy making it. (They even had to paint his hand cast flesh colored to hide it.)

Yeah, worse things have happened… Like some actors actually died while making movies. Like famously Brandon Lee dying of a defective gun blank during making “The Crow,” and the helicopter accident during “The Twilight Zone Movie, resulting in the death of Vic Morrow, and 2 child actors. (Actually saw footage of the helicopter incident, it’s really chilling/sad.)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide