Super Smash Bros General Thread

igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
Atleast Xenoblade isn’t being less represented in the series.  
Shulk already brought some 2 music with him.  
hopefully Pyra/Mythra bring X music with them.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
My guesses for the last two characters are:  
Best case scenario: Lloyd Irving and Crash Bandicoot  
More likely: Two anime swordfighters from franchises already represented by other fighters
Dirty Bit
Thread Starter - Hazbin Hotel Thread [Possible NSFW/Dark]
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

That's him, officer
I feel like we may get Doomguy at some point, but I could be wrong.

I wonder what memes shall come from this reveal.

…Actually, what will Pyra and Mythra’s spirits consist of?
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Dirty Bit  
I doubt it. Japan isn’t big on violent first person shooters, or first person shooters in general (So much so that apparently the Metroid Prime tetralogy is non-canon according to official sources from around Other M’s release window…)
bg poni
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

After Sakurai’s comments on why an Arms character and a Xenoblade 2 character weren’t in the base game, it makes sense they’d get in after Min-Min did.  
So going off the trailer, I’m guessing Pyra’s the stronger one, and Mythra’s faster? Is that how they are in their game? Same as the three parts of Pokemon Trainer, they’re also listed as 2 separately numbered fighters, so the last character’s going to the #82 instead of #81 now.  
Poor Rex, though I bet he’ll get the Chrom treatment in the next game.

@Dirty Bit  
…Actually, what will Pyra and Mythra’s spirits consist of?

That’s a good point. At least with Min-Min, there were obvious omissions for use for their spirit board, but Xenoblade 2’s spirits seem fairly comprehensive. What other characters are there to pick from? I think almost everyone that cameos on the stage is also a spirit, except for maybe one or two.
Dr_Osaka
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
One thing that Nintendo is good at is being unpredictable with how they do things, and I don’t mean that as in I wasn’t expecting them to release a new character from Xenoblade but rather having the reveal trailer look like a trailer for a new Xenoblade game or new DLC and then do a complete 180 and reveal it as a Smash trailer for one of it’s characters, that and also choosing now to reveal this character as opposed to at the start of the DLC lineup, but then again they really make you 2nd guess yourself when they choose to release characters like Steve and Sephiroth before actual Nintendo related characters.

Anyways not a big fan of Xenoblade but it’s cool seeing Pyra since that was someone people were asking for when Ultimate was announced, plus it’s nice to have for Smash women in the game, on top of that I’m guessing she’s gonna be like Zelda/Sheik sin e she can switch between her and Mythra.
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
My guesses for the last two characters are:
Best case scenario: Lloyd Irving and Crash Bandicoot
More likely: Two anime swordfighters from franchises already represented by other fighters

Apparently Pyra and Mythra count as two characters, so now there’s only one character spot left in Ultimate.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide