Super Smash Bros General Thread

blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
So I told the workers who were hosting the Nintendo Switch mall tour at my mall that my mains are Palutena and Bayonetta.
Posted Report
Background Pony #C599
I think in the next Super Smash Bros game Kevin Lerdwichagul should be the big bad of the story mode.
Posted Report
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
If we ever do get another Smash Bros. there are two characters from the latest Pokemon game I want to see get used:
Meowscarada; it makes sense given it is a starter Pokemon after all, it’s clearly the most popular out of the starters for Paldea (for obvious reasons), it would make for a decent replacement for Joker if he is not to return, but also it would be a fitting trifecta for the other starter Pokemon in the game
Meowscarada - Grass/Dark
Incineroar - Fire/Dark
Greninja - Water/Dark
The other is Scream Tail as an alternate costume for Jigglypuff just because it would be amusing to see (Plus if they can give Pikachu it’s libre costume then why not this).
Posted Report
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
Funny thing, I hadn’t used this particular amiibo (it’s on one of those amiibo coins you can get on Etsy because I don’t wanna ruin my actual Lucina amiibo figure so I have the coin in my Super Mario Bros. 35th anniversary bag) since the last two times I restarted Ultimate. I thought the victory count would reset.
And yes, I named her after this gal:
My mistress~
Background Pony #5C84
If Chun-Li, Tifa, Lara Croft and Jill Valentine got announced for Smash on the same day, would the internet crash from all the R34?
Posted Report
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
@Dirty Bit
One of the reasons why Mai Shiranui wasn’t included with the rest of the SNK cameos was because CERO’s (Japan’s equivalent of the ESRB) restrictions meant she couldn’t be included in a game rated for all ages unless her outfit and appearance was toned down, which Sakurai wasn’t willing to do.
Posted Report
Dr_Osaka
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
I’ve been in a Pikmin mood lately so I’ve been doing a lot of browsing, and looking back on Olimar’s inclusion in Smash Bros. I’ve come up with some ideas I think would be an improvement on his character.

Olimar has been relegated to being one of the worst characters on the roster and a lot of it has to do with how they changed his character from Brawl, now I’m glad they got rid of the Pikmin tower since I never thought that recovery was very helpful and instead gave us Winged Pikmin which is much more appropriate, but the draw back was making it so Olimar can only carry 3 Pikmin at a time instead of 6 which does lessen his potential.
They also made sure to have the order of Pikmin be fixed so that it is always
Red-Yellow-Blue-White-Purple which isn’t a bad thing but does make it less fun then before when you didn’t know what you would get next; but that’s what I wanted to talk about is if they added a mechanic that allowed you to change how you pluck Pikmin out.
If you pressed a certain button or something then you could change it to say the fixed order, random, or only specific colors like only Red, Blue, Yellow, White, or Purple that way you have the choice on what to use during gameplay. This could also help when going against certain opponents or fighting in specific locations that are better suited for the Pikmin types like fire for Red, water for Blue, electric for Yellow, and poison for White.
Now I’m sure there are those who would take advantage of the situation and just have all Purple, but honestly if you’re just gonna reduce the number of Pikmin you have on you anyways I don’t see why that would be an issue since it’s not like Purple are all around perfect, plus they could make it so that certain Pikmin types effect the Winged Pikmin when you use recovery. (Purple weight you down, Red and Blue are average, Yellow and White are the lightest)
Considering what they did to buff Olimar’s stats it makes no sense to not help give him a bit of a leg up in some manner, otherwise they should just let him carry 6 again instead of 3.
Posted Report
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I don’t know how to rework Olimar, but I think he’s good in Ultimate. One of the best things about that game is that every character feels powerful in their own way to the point where it would take years of research to discover who the best fighter is.
I’m aware there are tier lists in Ultimate where the best characters are Joker, Steve, ZS Samus and Mythra, but unlike Melee and Brawl, there’s no ultimate (badum tss) conclusion. Someone will find a way to exploit one character and everyone will be like “wow, I didn’t know he can do that”.
While I love Olimar in Brawl, he’s fine here.
Posted Report
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Every tier list I’ve seen says that EVERY character except 3 or 4 are good enough to win tournaments with.
The 3 or 4 that are at the bottom are:
Ganondorf: Sure, he hits like a runaway freight train, but he’s got dogshit recovery, so all you need to do is poke him until he’s at a reasonably high percentage and then send him flying. He’ll flail a bit and then fall to his death.
Little Mac: Similar to Ganondorf, but slightly better due to his much better ground-speed. Still has one of the worst aerial attacks and recoveries in the game.
Dr. Mario: Basically the Ganondorf version of Mario (who’s actually a high-tier character). He hits harder, but is much slower and significantly less agile than standard Mario.
Lucario: His Aura mechanic is the only thing holding him back, due to having respectable speed, attacks, and recovery, but it’s so GARBAGE that it drags his entire kit down to the bottom tier. You are literally punished for doing well: it reduces Lucario’s speed and power the farther ahead of your opponent you are. This is supposedly to balance out how he gets faster and stronger the further behind you are, but if you’re far enough behind your opponent to get a significant boost, there’s no saving you in the first place, you just got outplayed.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide