Super Smash Bros General Thread

Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
Problem with Byleth is that they were a new character from an already bloated franchise with really homogeneous group of characters in Smash

Even if you didn’t care for ARMS, it’s a new franchise included in Smash so it’s already much more interesting, it’s still something new(inb4punchoutclone)
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Kiryu-Chan

Im just afraid that whoever the ARMS character will just completely invalidate Little Mac. And if they don’t, then the ARMS character will be even worse than the generally agreed worst character in the game.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@bg poni  
Yeah I was considering Bowser Jr. or one of the Koopalings for Mechanica, I guess I kinda just figured Samus worked better since Mechanica’s suit is like an actual body suit as suppose to just a car like the koopa clown car
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
Judging by the Classes of Boxing most of the characters would be Welterwieght to Heavy Weight from Arms.

We look at Little Mac and he is, light flyweight and he beat people in his own game that is not part of his weightclass.
igotnopicks
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@WyrmSpawN  
He’s the announcer right.

No wonder they gave him so much character. But with Springman off the list that would be 14 character to choose from not counting the announcer.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
I still say it’s going to be a brand new “ARMS” fighter that they’re going to add to ARMS DLC, as well. I assume that’s why they’re keeping ’em secret.

I also bet one of the remaining 6 is going to be a new Pokémon representative from Sword/Shield.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@Beau Skunky  
I don’t see it, they stopped updating ARMS a while ago I believe. It’ll probably be an existing character, Ribbon Girl, Min Min and Twintelle seem really popular at the moment
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Kiryu-Chan  
Don’t forget they gave “Animal Crossing: New Leaf” a rather huuuuge update years after that game was “relevant.”

So you never know, plus they might need to make a new ARMS character that would also be well suited as a SSBU fighter too.

@igotnopicks  
Good point, though we do have Ivysaur. (Even if he is part of the Trainer’s Pokémon.)

So we have Fire, (Charizard, Incineroar) Water, (Squirtle, Graninja) Grass, (Ivysaur) electric/normal, (Pikachu, Pichu) Fighter (Lucario, and Incineroar again) and psychic. (Mewtwo, and Lucario, right?)

One we’re missing is ice, and considering SSB has very few ice based characters, (Ice Climbers, and Lucus’ PK Freeze) I wouldn’t mind a new ice type to counter all the SSB characters with fire attacks.
Background Pony #40E6
What to do during quarantine? Finish Classic with every character at least once.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@09MurphyM  
Didn’t stop Bayonetta, and Solid Snake (M-Rated game characters) to make it in.

@igotnopicks  
I doubt we’ll see any MK characters, because WB owns that series now, (and knowing them, they’ll charge too much money for the license, and DLC sales) and because Western properties don’t seem to make it into SSBU, being a Japanese game.

In fact, Dark Samus is the only “American” invented character to ever appear in SSB. (Retro Studios.) While Diddy, K.Rool, and Banjo Kazooie were made by British developer Rareware.

Though, some Japanese-made series that aren’t popular in Japan, but popular in the USA/Europe/ect. do make it in SSB. (Like Sonic, Star Fox, Metroid, Castlevania, and Punch-Out!!) and there are assists & spirits based on Western properties, (like Shovel Knight) so there’s some fan-service for Westerners.

I’ll be surprised if any American game series make it as SSBU DLC.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide