RWBY Thread

Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@Angrybrony  
Now, now, I wouldn’t say this is a stupid decision (because I don’t know where it’s going) but it is… questionable…

Also because she’s not my favourite character so yeah. That title belongs to Nora.
Background Pony #D2E4
So they going to use the Halo Reach engine next season? ;P

(This is a joke not meant to be serious)
Alexk13

Some people despise Jaune. Some it’s Blake.

For me, if Cinder dies off for real next volume, I’d add my usual comments where I compare her unfavorably to another yellow-eyes fire using female, along with a heaping dose of “finally; good riddance”.

Honestly, after the start of volume 6, I just find her so tiresome.
Scrabbleman
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@Alexk13  
Oh, they’re not gonna kill Cinder. As of right now, she’s on the path of world destruction. I wouldn’t be surprised to see that if Salem does get defeated, Cinder takes her place as the villain in the last few episodes.
Alexk13

@Scrabbleman  
That’s what I’m afraid of.

It would take A-LOT to make me see her as something other than a wannabe version of a certain member of the Fire Nation whom I wish kicked the bucket at the end of volume 5. And in all honesty, I’m not sure that’s possible because even seeing her origins did nothing to change my opinion.

Sometimes I think that I see this show as more Fan-fic Fuel, where I look around and look at what I would use, alter, discard, etc. For instance, I’m prone to cutting the “Jaundice” plot and Adam’s canon history with Blake and personality (I.E. being her Evil Ex).
Background Pony #7988
I’m thinking of starting on this series. Not just Chibi, but the original series itself.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Lingering Wyvern
Excuse me for barging in where I don’t belong, but I’m never seen a show so determined to be miserable.

I stopped watching some ages ago, but every couple months YouTube recommends me a story beat clip and it’s always got some horrible news attached to it.

Like, I just found out what happened to the character mentioned above days ago, and now I just come off finding what else happened to her, again. for the seemingly sole purpose of making it more permanent this time and negating all the interest i had in her future dealings.

Like, is it always this terrible? Do the moments between these massive losses make up for them?

Sorry for the rant.
Scrabbleman
Artist -

[screams in German]
@WyrmSpawN  
It’s not that the show is determined to make itself miserable. It is, however, determined to nail in the point that death is permanent.

No magic is ever going to bring anyone back. Pyrrha ain’t coming back, neither is Penny. Penny used to be the exception with her being a robot but the fact she has a soul made it iffy. So she’s fated to die.
shinigamiPeter

I stopped watching some ages ago, but every couple months YouTube recommends me a story beat clip and it’s always got some horrible news attached to it.
Like, I just found out what happened to the character mentioned above days ago, and now I just come off finding what else happened to her, again. for the seemingly sole purpose of making it more permanent this time and negating all the interest i had in her future dealings.
Like, is it always this terrible? Do the moments between these massive losses make up for them?

I mean, considering you dropped the series, wouldn’t the interest you had already be at zero? That feels self-contradictory.

But anyway, YT recommends clips that generate the most hype/discussion/shock, so it’s typically something taken out of context. Like, “oh no, our heroes are in a tight spot, whatever shall they do?!” The things weren’t really that bad in a long time, especially considering the fact the series takes place in what is basically a death world. In fact, the main characters really didn’t have a major loss since Volume 3. Sure, there were rough patches here and there, but everything for the time ended on positive note.

So if anything, Volume 8(along with Volume 7, since those two continue the exact same storyline) exists to remind the audience that things won’t always just work out to the heroes. Honestly, while I’m sad about Penny, and overall I feel the whole setup was a bit wasteful (assuming that’s all they’ll do with it), I would be more annoyed at everything just…fixing itself no problem in the last 3 episodes after just falling apart for this Volume and the ending part of the last. That, and I have my theory about the “void” leading to the afterlife, potentially allowing Penny and other dead characters like Hazel or Jacques some more screen time and a degree of closure. Then again, maybe I’m just more optimistic about the series than I should be.
Background Pony #7988
Mental note: never buy RWBY products made outside the US on Etsy. It’s been nearly a month since I ordered that Yang button.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

i have been back at my RWBY co-op only/asymmetric 4v1 moba idea again and here are a few elements

Starting cast would be at least 20 characters, Teams RWBY JNPR CVFY SNNN as well as Cinder/Penny/Ilia/Emerald

Items would be divided into 4 types each with it’s own slot so offense items go in the offense slot mobility items go in the mobility slot ect, Items have multiple upgrades that you choose from at each tier with the final stats being decided based on all your choices, none of them have active effects instead having passives with ccooldowns,

Players have a deck of 30 cards for each character, at the start of each match they draw 5 and choose 3 to play, the remaning 2 are shuffled back in decks are renewed either when all the cards have been played(In other words every 10 matches) or at daily resets,

Cards can provide a variety of effects, from boosting your stats to improving your minion waves with stronger units like Spider Droids or Paladins,

You can edit a deck at any time, but it won’t update until the current version is renewed(either by playing all matches or daily reset) when you gain new cards you also gain a free reset token that can reset one deck to ensure you can get it into play faster,

For Cosmetics You can unlock both Costumes and Skins, Costumes are defined as a model change so something like Ruby’s Volume 1 outfit vs Her Volume 4-6 outfit are costumes, Skins are pallet swaps unique to each costume, example Weiss Atlas Gear/Yellow Beauty would be Weiss wearing her atlas Gear recolored in Yang’s colors, you need to own a Costume to use Skins for it,

Cards/Cosmetics require tickets given out after matches, based on performance, once enough are gathered a roulette spins and gives you one cosmetic and one card, this way you aren’t dividing your efforts between improving your wardrobe and your power,

Also if you get an item for a character you don’t own you can choose to mulligan it and reroll, or keep it for when you can use it,

You can’t buy Tickets or Cards with real money, but can buy individual costumes/skins,

By default team RWBY would be unlocked with a free rotation of 4 other characters available, if you own a character on free rotation you will get access to a costume/skin combo you don’t own for the duration, if you own all characters on free rotation a random character you don’t own will be made available, if you own all characters and costumes/skins then you get access to special otherwise unavailable skins for all the characters in free rotation

Characters can be unlocked by purchase with real world money, or by spending EXP on them, Free EXP is gained by playing characters you own, but you also gain EXP towards unlocking a Character by playing them during Free Rotation

The maps would have 3 lanes and a jungle, but only 4 players, it avoids the classic carry focused design instead trying to make sure the whole team feels important or at least able to get work done

Jungler’s job is to collect buffs for their laners, and keep camps cleared as if they go to long without being cleared they will spawn extras who will head for the lanes, in addition to helping to gank enemies,

the AI/5th player lacks heroes instead having mini bosses like Beowolf Alphas and Beringels as it’s rough equivalents, unlike in other Mobas killing these is actually important to focus on once in a while because otherwise you can end up with 2 or more in one lane,

The AI/possibly the 5th player can also activate a few different events to try and mix things up, this includes turning minions on the heroes, unleashing extra grimm into a lane ect, when pushed to the brink it can unleash a single desperation event, like summoning a Wyvern to attack a lane or the like,
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide