Sonic Discussion

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I love how Amy is kind of like Sonic’s mom as well as “girlfriend” in Sonic X. She is always protective of him, gives him a necklace to protect him from the water and even scolds him like a child to be more mature.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
Okay, I am getting tired of people following and making feeding on Ken Pender’s tweets.

Yeah, it was fun to make fun of him, but I have two friends who DAILY follwos Pender’s activity on Twitter, so much, its not fun anymore. At this point, they are not doing it to mock him, only to get attention and clout.

I already have him muted, so WHY I need to see his tweets…
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@RogueBadnik  
Huh, cute.

Also, surprised to see an official Whisper plush, seeing as they usually ignore the comic characters in merch’. (Granted Sally had some merch’ in the 90s.)
Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
apparently the new idw preview is getting the piss babies angy again cuz they think sonic should just buzz saw his bad guys.
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@Angrybrony  
I dont see it that way.

Many people think that Sonic will break the “no kill” rule, but in my point of view, I see it as another potential plot in the future.

There are some background characters who look at Sonic in not a good way, way back since the Metal Virus saga, so maybe there is a sign that some people dont trust Sonic as much as his friends does. Imagine if they reach a point where nobody trust Sonic at all anymore.

You see, nobody except maybe Tails knows that it was Sonic’s decision to free Metal Sonic, which caused the cataclysm of the Metal Virus saga. Tails maybe have some secutiry cameras in his labs that recorded everything.

Imagine if a villain decides to steal the recordings, modify them, and show them to the public? Imagine if Zavok returns, wrecks some shit, and points at Sonic for letting him free? The general population will be divided towards how they see Sonic, as a hero that saves the day, or another agent of chaos and source of catastrophe.

What if this provokes vigilantism? What if this new characters that we got revealed days ago will be Sonic’s new replacement in handling villains?

The story would be some sort of mix between Spiderman’s Far from Home (Sonic dealing with the blacklash againts the public) and DC’s Kingdom Come (The potential new characters dealing with the villains in a more rudeless way, potentially gaining more favoritism from the public, and thus replacing Sonic)
Dr_Osaka
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
Sonic Colors Ultimate is almost out and I’ve been thinking about what other Sonic games should be remade if they could. I’ve come up with a couple that I would like to see including:  
Sonic R, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic and the Secret Rings, and to a lesser extent Sonic ‘06.

When it comes to racing games I still believe Sonic R is the definitive game cause unless Sonic is running on ground it just isn’t a Sonic game. Drift was a pretty lame attempt at a Mario Kart clone and while I don’t think Riders is bad it’s nothing I crave to go back to, but considering how well the Sonic Forces app game turned out I think it’s time we got a proper racing game once again.

Fighters is an unfortunate case as I believe it came out at the wrong time, if they made a new Fighters game it would be a lot better especially if Sega could take influence from games like Dragon Ball FighterZ, Street Fighter V, SkullGirls 2nd Encore, and obviously Super Smash Bros.

The Secret Rings I actually don’t think is a bad game actually, it has a great concept with Sonic entering the Arabian Nights stories, the level designs, the action packed gameplay, killer soundtrack; the problem is the controls since the Wii uses motion censors and it was the first of it’s kind so they hadn’t really worked out all the kinks. I would appreciate a remake that would resolve those problems or at the very least add a secondary option for controller types.

Nothing much to say about Sonic 06, just surprised they never released a version of the game that fixed all the bugs and other problems, I mean that was the main issue with it after all, sure the story isn’t stellar and don’t care for Silver’s campaign but I think it deserves another chance maybe.

Anyways what games do you think should get a remake?
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
So… Despite critics and sites like IGN itselfs scoring Sonic Colors Ultimate as a really good game, it come up very flawed.

The game is getting destroyed on Twitter since people is still finding bugs, and we are not talking about minor bugs, but really game breaking ones. The most flawed of all is the Switch version, having problems even from its installation, and fights againts some bosses.

Even the PC version is suffering notorius bugs. The Tails Saving System forces the player to enter into a “default 3D mode” when Tails saves you, so… if you are in a 2D stage, the Tails Saving System will make the game to go 3D and everything will by distorted. Not to mention so many details lacking particles, sounds or effects.

I hate to say this, but if SEGA doesnt fix this ASAP, this will be yet another disaster, and SEGA probably will change their minds in porting their games into other plataforms

full
igotnopicks
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@RogueBadnik  
Meanwhile other games that have been ported to the Switch from the Wii include.  
No More Heroes,No More Heroes 2,Mario Galaxy,Zelda Skyward Sword HD, and Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition are all better than Sonic Colors Ultimate. This is probably the worst Wii port game on the Switch.
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@igotnopicks  
We could say it may be the worst.

There is a video circulating on Twitter about a player having their entire game glitching so badly, it would make Sonic.exe proud.

I think I am the only person on Twitter who believes that maybe that video is fake, since NO ONE except that person suffered similar problems.

@Penguin Dragneel  
Maybe you will be lucky and have a normal playthrought. I have a friend who already played it for like an hour, and nothing bad have happened.
Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@RogueBadnik  
Your hunch was right some of the glitches are faked. The T-pose one was done on a Switch emulator and the guy deleted all his tweets and videos regarding when he got called out.

Oh and Egoraptor decided he was going to play the game on his channel because he saw all the glitch videos on Twitter.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@NitroFury  
Ironically, Switch is beating the hell out of PS4 & PS5 in Japan.  
Soooooo poo on those people.

And Switch’s so-called “underpowered” hardware isn’t the problem, seeing as Switch has plenty of great Wii remakes, and frankly Crash Bandicoot 4 to me looks and works great on Switch. So I’m actually shocked to hear “Sonic Colors” of all games is having issues.

@igotnopicks  
I remember back when “Super Mario 3D All-Stars” was released, it got some flack for some bugs. (Fixed in an update BTW.) Now I saw somebody on a site remark (in regards to the Sonic Colors backlash) “We owe this game an apology.”

That said, I kinda agree… (Super Mario Galaxy looks, and plays good, despite being a so-called “lazy port”) But it’s a shame to hear Sonic Colors Ultimate is getting flack, as being both a Mario & Sonic fan, I want both characters to be successful, so don’t get me wrong.

Plus, I hope this doesn’t make Sega reluctant to do more remakes…

Of course, I do wonder if Twitter is overreacting… (Twitter overreact? How unheard of, I know?!</sarcasm>)  
I remember when I told a guy I liked “Sonic Adventure DX” on GameCube, he flipped out, and lectured me for 20 minutes about how “bad” it is, and told me every bad game breaking glitch it has, and I never experienced any of them. I experienced a few he never mentioned, not ganna lie, (the game isn’t perfect) but nothing game breaking.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide