Star Wars General

Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Meanlucario  
I no nothing of Fire Emblem so cannot speak of such things.  
But I am Star Wars fan and have been for a long time and as someone who was largely content with content pre-Disney I find the idea that “Disney brought Star Wars back!” highly absurd.

@Meanlucario  
Yes it is what I want I already admitted that is my personal preference but it’s also undeniable that Disney is going big into the New Republic Era and not Rise of the First Order Era because 1) it would potentially look a lot the same and 2) even the actors from those movies don’t want anything to do with Star Wars anymore.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Meanlucario  
I didn’t watch all the sequels,but I’ve heard the theory that he was actually a sith Lord and the true evil behind Palpatine.  
I’m pretty sure people hated him before all that because he was obnoxious and had a silly voice.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Darth Prime  
Can’t deny the fact that you probably wouldn’t have The Mandalorian without the Sequels. None of the Disney Canon stuff without the sequels. Look I’m not saying SW ever fell into obscurity. It was still there, hovering about in the nerd culture sphere. Bro I been playing SW games and watch SW cartoons even before the Sequels.

Look at my phrasing: reinvigorated the interest in the IP for the MASSES. It even got your average casual bloke talking about it in the five years that the Sequels were around. Spawned Spin offs and more games and entire canon, too.

If I told you MCU reinvigorated the interest of Marvel’s superheroes that ISN’T SPIDERMAN would you believe me? Iron Man. Of all heroes. Tony, Fucking Stark? I never read no comic but hey, got me hooked, got me real interested. Disney made a lot of bucks.

When actual sheiks and imam dropped references to Star Wars and MCU in their sermons post Sequels and MCU you know they did something.

I apologize if I seemed to imply that SW was dead and Sequels brought it back. I merely state that the Sequels opened the doors for new casuals, and also to remind old casuals that hey, it’s still around.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Dex Stewart  
He wasn’t in the movies, just going on what I read years ago. And pretty sure that him being an annoying comic relief is also part of it.

@Darth Prime  
You of all people should know how much the fandom love the Old Republic, so Disney tackling it next makes sense without them abandoning their movies.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@tehwatever  
But the MCU is good though.

@Meanlucario  
Well they’re not tackling the Old Republic it’s the High Republic.

Back on the FE related to Star Wars.  
I have done one playthrough of Thee Houses and I find it funny how much of that is like ROS.  
Like || is Rhea || just Palpatine?
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@Meanlucario  
Yes I was playing what was basically play a JRPG which always teaches you to challenge god.

But I get to the part Where they say || set in the throne || and it hits me this just ROS.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Darth Prime  
Either you mean “challenge a god/the gods” or “challenge God.” And if you go down 3/4 routes, that isn’t the case. Funny how it’s only siding with the Empire that has that mindset.

Like thrones are only a RoS thing.

@Darth Prime  
It’s popular with movie-going audiences, just like the Disney Star Wars movies.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@Meanlucario  
To the first point

|| Okay I’ve only done the one route so I don’t have all the information but what I’ve gleaned is Byleth is basically subjected to a kind of “genetic examination” at so point in her development and Rhea put her mother in them and hoped some power would awaken when Byleth sat on the throne.  
Palpatine wanted the daughter of his (failed) clone to set on the throne and awaken to great power. ||  
They seem very familiar.

On the second point.  
Are we sure mainstream audiences were happy with the Sequel Trilogy though? Part of why there was so much criticism for it might be because it had such a wider audience that it’s not just big dumb Star Wars fanboys like me that don’t like it. As opposed to the MCU which the average movie goer is happy with.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Darth Prime  
Like Palpatine would resurrect anyone but himself. And that’s just one thing they have in common, where Edgelord is like him in other ways.

How much did the movies make again?
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@Darth Prime
Like Palpatine would resurrect anyone but himself. And that’s just one thing they have in common, where Edgelord is like him in other ways.

|| Well I need to do a route with Edelgard as an enemy for myself but this sounds like something else we can argue about. Hooray! Unfortunately there’s too many games I need to finish before going back to one. ||
Mad Black
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Speaking Fancy - For helping with translations
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Darth Prime
How much did the movies make again?

Well in the old Legends Canon he made it a special punishment for one of the Head Architects of the Death Stars to kill him in a very cruel way only to ressurect him again, so that he didn’t fail him again. I think he did this like 8 times with him when something wasn’t going as planned with the second one. Just because he needed him, and he couldn’t let him really die.  
Kinda like in greek mythology, the gods have a very creative way of punishment.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

I’m a dirty casual.  
Which MEANS I can’t ever be totally mad at The Force Awakens because it gave me one of the best, badass and also most stupid moment in the sequels.

TRAITOR!  
-drops pistol and shield, immediately whips out a shock baton and spins it once.

I legit was like laughing and cheering at that scene when it came on. I don’t think I was the only one. The fans called him TR-8R? Yeah I want his spinoff. I’m aware there’s a comic that explains Finn’s time as a trooper and Tr8r was probably there but no I want a series or an animated short or something.

And ofc, as stupid and infuriating TLJ was for…many, I still am thankful for the Wide Kylo / Ben Swolo moment and the fight scene between Red Dudes and Reylo. The fights was okay. I expect a better choreo, but that’s fine.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@tehwatever  
Yes I love how Captain Phasma was supposed to be like the big badass trooper but not only was she lame to get captured no sweat and shaved down a garbage shot but the movie gives so rando stormie a stand out moment that well and truly invalidates here reason for existing.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Darth Prime  
but it validates the rando stormie’s reason for existing.  
I even bought a sticker of the rando stormie given how much I love the bastard.

I actually love moments of subversions like that. The big badass Phasma was easily subdued was disappointing but on the other hand, Rando Stormie tho? “Oh. you got a lightsaber like Kylo Ren? lemme just drop this blaster and shield that I got and see if you can swing it like he does!”

I bet you he can solo Rey herself with that spinny stick.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Okay so question:

Similar setup: full chrome-dome Beskar getup and a Beskar pointy stick. Mando S2 Din Djarin vs TLJ Phasma. Who wins?

I really like the similarity. MAYBE Phasma actually did beat our Mando in canon, or maybe not. But maybe the reason why she’s so fashionable is because she liked Mando’s style so much, that she appropriated it. A full shiny Beskar getup and a badass impractical cape just because? She also goes around carrying a spear in TLJ?

Since our girl Phasma is totally done dirty in TFA and TLJ, I can’t wait for Lucasfilm to redeem her with her own series.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Darth Prime  
LOL. Either she forgot that pointing a blaster to a Beskar Helmet doesn’t work, or that fancy shiny helmet isn’t even Beskar. Good to know she prolly won’t beat Mando.

That means it’s highly unlikely that she had taken Mando’s Spear.

I still think she met him at some point. The difference between Mando s2 and TFA is about 25 years, right? So MAYBE young / teenage Phasma saw this mad lad dressed in full chrome and a badass cape just walk around town being slick and mysterious. She may even saw him fight off some goons in rapid fashion and it inspired her.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide